NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Home & Garden Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/home-and-garden-talk/)
-   -   Scorpions, anyone? (https://www.neurotalk.org/home-and-garden-talk/158947-scorpions.html)

Motors Mommy 10-12-2011 08:19 AM

Scorpions, anyone?

Yuck I hate em. I scream and freak out , then realize oh, Im the mom. Gotta kill it!!!!

Is there anything I can spray or put out that will kill em? Or better yet prevent them from coming in?????

Everything is BIGGER in texas......including the bugs!!!!! :eek:

Thank you!!!!!

~MM~

Lara 10-25-2011 12:39 AM

UGH. How scary! :eek:
I found some really interesting sites with tips just doing a google search.

unwell 06-02-2014 07:45 PM

hi there,

I am in SE Texas, use to have a huge scorpion problem. The number one thing they are attracted to and willing to risk coming in for is water. Make sure you keep drains from leaking and such. Also they don't like cold, I keep my place fairly chilly in the summer, (I know not everyone can) but bugs prefer warmth. A cold house keeps bugs away, most kinds of bugs anyways.
A natural poison would diamogeous earth, its a powder, if you can carefully put in the corners, along the wall, under bed. But it can take several days to actually kill it. You can buy it at home depot or walmart. Make sure you read the direction, the powder is very very fine be careful when handling it or breathing around it.
But over all the cheapest and best is the shoe method. I don't know if scorpions actually talk to one another, but the more you kill the less you have. And they go away when spiders (their natural enemy) populate and begin killing them off. So on the animal chain, there really isn't a win. Sorry.

Andy_Pablo 09-10-2014 07:03 AM

I would be in all sorts of trouble if we had them over in England as it bothers me if I accidentally step on a spider, so couldn't kill anything like a scorpion & would have to put it back outside & run the risk of it coming back in again, lol... I think the most dangerous thing that comes into homes where I live by the coast, is a moth, lol...

ginnie 09-10-2014 07:57 AM

Hi Motors

I had a problem with another critter. What I did was call the city government, and they directed me to the type of company that dealt with the issue I had. Had birds flying into my window and killing themselves.
There are agencies that deal with pests, and or nature problems. Do a bit of research on line for Texas. There has to be a way to set up some kind of boundary around your place that would be effective.
We have vinegar scorpions here in fla. and I guess some others inland. Don't care much for them either!
My own solution was simple, Draw a huge hawk, as real as you can and paste it on the window. End of birds flying into window. ginnie