NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   The Good Wife 10/09/11 (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/158955-wife-10-09-11-a.html)

Sandy Kay 10-12-2011 10:13 AM

The Good Wife 10/09/11

Did anyone see Sunday night's episode of The Good Wife? The main story line was about a scs implant and FDA approvals. Fun to see them discuss something we actually have in our own lives.

Sandy

Sophie_ 10-12-2011 10:04 PM

Hi Sandy Kay

I don't know where we are in Ireland compared to the US but we are usually up to date, I didn't see it but I'll have a look at the last episode I have to watch, I've so many lined up, interesting all the same!

Sinéad xxx

modmossy 10-12-2011 10:07 PM

I dont think its on TV here in England

Sophie_ 10-12-2011 10:51 PM

It's on More4 everyday around 1.40ish, it's not bad especially for day time TV

Sinéad

Quote:

Originally Posted by modmossy (Post 814358)
I dont think its on TV here in England

Mark56 10-13-2011 12:27 AM

Not much of a watcher

But, Sandy Kay, you inspire me to write this missive claiming that I am BLESSED with a Good, Devout, Faithful, Spirited, Fun, Loving, Caring, Enduring, Artistic both in music and with brush, and Deeply in love with God- wife who has seen me through the tests, trials, blues, depression, and gut wrenching pain which followed my wreck and preceded the SCS of which Television has gratefully represented as you indicate. So blessed am I as to be in awe of God who placed her in my life over 38 years ago. I would be willing there are a good many Good Husbands out there or Good Parents, Good Significant Others, and grateful that each of us can count them as blessings in seeing us through this SCS.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!!
Yup,
Mark56:grouphug:

Sophie_ 10-13-2011 08:06 AM

The Good Wife episode SE03E03

Hi Mark,

I always said you are gifted with words and I think everything you say of your lovely wife could be said of my wonderful husband.

I had a look for that episode that Sandy Kay mentioned as I am curious, it's shown in Irish TV and we are about 5 episodes behind. I think that it's fantastic to have the SCS brought to our TV screens unfortunately it doest seem to portray it in a good way, I haven't seen the episodes but I've just read about it here
http://m.cbs.com/ShowLandingEpisodeV...sode%20gallery

Thank you Sandy Kay for bringing this up.

Sinéad :grouphug:

yellow 10-13-2011 01:58 PM

I watch the show and it definitely was interesting to hear them talk about all these terms that we're so familiar with! What happened with the patient on the show was scary though, her doctor implanted his own invented SCS in without telling her, which wasn't FDA approved.

JoanB 10-13-2011 08:42 PM

Yeah, we saw it too. But it seemed to me that it was only scary because the patient received an unapproved product, which isn't the case for anyone here who already has an SCS, as far as I know. And it's very unlikely to happen to those of us who are anticipating getting one. (I hope)

But like you, yellow, I also found it interesting to watch a story line involving something that's so real to us.

Mark56 10-13-2011 10:22 PM

Hooray for Tellywood!!

Leave it to television or Hollywood to come up with a twist on the old Frankenstone monster plot to put in a "mad scientist" doc who would dare implant an uncertified product........... if I had a shirt like Charlie Braun, I might go bang my head against a tree.........

Boo on the show if that was its subject, oh, and by the way, imagine the implication of an entire surgical team participating in such a travesty, not to mention the surgical center or the hospital....... Whataya wanna bet next time they have an implant episode regarding a switch out of a brain for a computer.......

Thumbs down on that one,
Mark56:thud::paperbag::mfr_wha::deadhorse::Bang-Head::ranting::Scratch-Head: