NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   L'Hermittes (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/159422-lhermittes.html)

Debbie D 10-19-2011 03:32 PM

L'Hermittes

Ok all you who have experienced this symptom...is it electric shock, or is it tingling?

I had a sudden tingling from my neck down my back and arms and wondered if its this or just a normal MS thingy...

Aarcyn 10-19-2011 03:42 PM

my first sx. my hands and feet would vibrate like a cheap motel 6 bed when a quarter was inserted! Only my MS dx was much more expensive.:D

Blessings2You 10-19-2011 04:02 PM

For me, it's like an electric buzz. It kind of goes down my legs and/or hips. It happens when I bend my neck a certain way, as though I'm trying to put my chin on my chest. I couldnl't believe it when I found out it was a symptom of MS. I've had that since I was a teenager or young adult--though everybody had that, like whacking your funny bone.

Kitty 10-19-2011 04:21 PM

When I first had it I felt a buzzing sensation in my hips and legs whenever I lowered my head to my chest.

Now, if I bend my head down but to the right......my left leg gets completely weak then feels like it's rising off the ground but it's not. Strangest feeling I've ever had! :eek: Neuro said it was due to a lesion in a specific spot on my spine.

Snoopy 10-19-2011 05:46 PM

Hello Debbie,

I get vibrations/buzzing from mid-spine down, it only lasts seconds but I can repeat the sensation each time I bend my head down. It's a symptom I have had for 26 years.

legzzalot 10-19-2011 05:59 PM

whenever i bend my head down or to the left it's like an electrical jolt

SallyC 10-19-2011 08:30 PM

Me Too!:eek:

barb02 10-20-2011 09:19 AM

This is one symptom I have never experienced. My neuro is always happy when he has me bend my head and it does not occur.

SallyC 10-20-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb02 (Post 816633)
This is one symptom I have never experienced. My neuro is always happy when he has me bend my head and it does not occur.

It must all be in your head..:D

dmplaura 10-20-2011 12:08 PM

A vibration.

I told my neuro, "It's like someone's taking a tight guitar string and laying it across my back, and when I bend my head down, they're 'twanging' it on my back, and I feel the vibration of the string."

That's as best as I can describe what it feels like in my case when I had it. It was in my lower back/hands to fingertips with vibration each time I bent my head down.

Wasn't painful, but scary at the time as it occurred before my MS diagnosis was even on the radar... however it was also the first symptom I had that really and truly pointed to MS.