NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   duration (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/159505-duration.html)

rick92 10-20-2011 09:33 PM

duration

i know theres really no way of telling how long this will last. just kinda want to know how long yall have had this? and how long youv heard it lasts for?

iv had it for almost 9 months now

a living hell i tell u. sucks knowing how good life was before and how i took it for granted

Mark in Idaho 10-20-2011 09:53 PM

You are being counter productive by focusing on when you will recover and when others recovered. The most important thing that you can do to help your brain recover is to avoid stress and anxiety.

Unfortunately, the younger generation has never been taught the concept of delayed gratification. This means one learns to work hard for a goal but wait for the goal and results of the hard work. College used to be a delayed gratification task. Most college students had to study and often work with very little time from pleasure activities. They did this looking forward to the gratification of getting a degree and the job opportunities that their hard work and degree offered.

The same holds true for PCS. Be diligent at avoiding stress, taking good care of your body and brain, waiting for the day when you start to get better.

Jeffrey 10-20-2011 09:54 PM

9 months is a long time for an injury, and yes, I hate this as well.

I'm at 15 months. Lord willing, you will feel better as the months go by.

wtrpk 10-21-2011 08:04 AM

almost 14 months and counting the days until I feel myself.

Although I agree with Mark, some people just are not the type to sit back and relax (especially in tons of pain). My friend says I play mental gymnastics all day with what did I do to feel this awful today...or yesterday. I am TRYING to take one day at a time, but I'm not good at it.

Hope you feel better soon...to all of us!

pcslife 10-21-2011 08:22 AM

It has been 2.5 years for me. Still struggling with daily symptoms - dizziness, fatigue, headache, all kinds of pain and is a long list.

xxxxcrystalxxxx 10-21-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcslife (Post 816963)
It has been 2.5 years for me. Still struggling with daily symptoms - dizziness, fatigue, headache, all kinds of pain and is a long list.

Hi Rick... I'm sorry to hear it's been nine months. I have symptoms for thirteen weeks. I agree nine months is a long time. I think three months is a long time. I get frustrated by the lack of progress but from what I'm reading slow and steady....so that is what I'm trying to do. Hang in there.......

Sincerely,
Crystal