NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   This #$%@ Weather and Chronic Illness (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/159702-weather-chronic-illness.html)

SallyC 10-24-2011 01:20 PM

This #$%@ Weather and Chronic Illness

I know this is, duhhhh:rolleyes:, nothing new, but I'm just so sick and tired of it all..:mad:

I used to love all the change of seasons. Each one brought special memories and desires.:)

My fav, Fall...the start of school and seeing old friends again, the crispness of the air and pumpkin pie..:)
Spring has sprung, the grass is Rizz, I vunder vare the flowers is. Weddings, Graduations, Love!:p
Winter ice skating, building snowpeeps. sledding, warm fires and the holidays.:D
Summer..schools out, sun, rain, swimming, parties, cookouts and picnics.:eek:

I always felt soooo good with the weather changes for the seasons, before MS and...Now my body rejects every atmospheric change and I hate it.:hissyfit:

I dig the cool weather more now, with MS and dispize the bitter cold and sweltering hot extremes. They didn't used to bother me, I grew up without A/C and walked to school through the bitter cold with scarves over my face.

Now, the weather back and forth changes from hot to cold to hot to cold to humid to dry to whatever, keeps me tired, listless, grumpy, achy, spastic and sad.

Anyone else? And what do you do to help.

Blessings2You 10-24-2011 01:59 PM

Mostly I stay inside and feel sorry for myself. :o

TwoKidsTwoCats 10-24-2011 02:40 PM

Yep it gets me too, Sally. In the winter, I microwave a corn bag ( a little cloth sack filled with deer corn :cool:) and place them where I have achy spots. In summer, I have a cold gel pack that I keep frozen and use it on my neck or along my spine.

For the achy places, I just take ibuprofen as needed. I tried some prescription anti-inflammatory meds, but they upset my tummy.

I don't go outside much, so I take 5000units of vitamin D3 a day. I do try to open back curtains in the room I'm in and get the visual stimulation of sunshine each day.

Debbie D 10-24-2011 04:51 PM

Me too, Sal...it's sad...:(:(

Kitty 10-24-2011 04:52 PM

The weather isn't kind to me, either. Seems like there's always something.......too cold, too humid, too hot.....:rolleyes: This week isn't so bad but at night - when the temps cool down quickly - my left leg develops a mind of its own and tries its best to keep me from sleeping. It's a good thing I don't share my bed with anyone but the cat because I wiggle and squirm so much I'm sure I'd drive a crazy person batty! :o

Blessings2You 10-24-2011 04:56 PM

Weather-wise, there are only about ten days per year that I really like. Is there really anything you CAN do to ease the physical problems of the weather as it changes? :confused:

SallyC 10-24-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 818043)
Weather-wise, there are only about ten days per year that I really like. Is there really anything you CAN do to ease the physical problems of the weather as it changes? :confused:

I guess if I had that answe, I'd be a millionaire..:cool:

aussiemom 10-24-2011 09:18 PM

When the weather changes, I often feel like sitting on a corner covered with a blanket, crying. But I talk myself out of that by asking myself how would I get up. Then I want to move to Phoenix, it doesn't rain there.

So, if I'm cold, I'll get the heating pad, or heated throw. A pain pill and Flexeril in my recliner. If I'm hot, a cool shower helps, some. A nap is always good, snuggle with Spookie. And wait for the barometer to change again.

SallyC 10-24-2011 11:06 PM

I hear Y'all!!:grouphug:

Jappy 10-25-2011 06:48 PM

In the same bucket as all of you!!!!

Jappy