NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Arnold Chiari Malformation & Syringomyelia (https://www.neurotalk.org/arnold-chiari-malformation-and-syringomyelia/)
-   -   chiari Malformation (https://www.neurotalk.org/arnold-chiari-malformation-and-syringomyelia/159914-chiari-malformation.html)

Barbie Morgan 10-27-2011 10:33 PM

chiari Malformation

Hi everyone. I too have
chiari Malformation, and have just under gone surgery 10/21/11. Im a bit loopy and sometimes, i feel really good. What I need to know is how long am I to be off my feet. My husband is a blessing and does everything for me since i;ve been home, but I'm feeling like a burden to him. Should i just stay down, and let him take care od me and if so how long does it take. I'm on meds now so I'm feeling a little depressed.:(

razzle51 10-28-2011 09:56 AM

well yuo have a good 6 weeks to go , but you can get up and walk around . anything heavy like lausdry and vacumn he needs to do for a while . Its just been barely a week . move your neck from side to side and like I said walk around take a shower . but thats about , besides yu can fix you a sandwich . take care when do you get the stitches or staples out

pratt4 10-31-2011 07:03 PM

Newly diagnosed Chiari 1

Hello everyone. I am a 36 year old who's health for the past 10 years has been in decline. I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia and sent to pain management doc who was also a neurologist, in his work up he ordered a MRI of my brain and after 3 months of seeing him and he still had not read my MRI I decided he was not the doc for me. I started seeing a new pain man. doc last month who in reading the reports from the old doc said "I see you have a chiari malformation." Well since this was the first time I heard this I was completely blown away. I have worked in the medical field for years and new somewhat about this but not a lot. Needless to say I was shocked, how could the former doc keep this information from me?? When I first researched chiari I couldn't believe that I every symptom I have told numerous doc's over the years are the basic chiari symptom's! How was this missed?? I am being referred to a neurologist and am wondering why I need to see one, I have had a discectomy at L5/S1 so already have a neurosurgeon, although I am not sure if he has any experience with chiari. So my question is, does anyone know of any doc's in SC or surrounding state's with experience with this? I would appreciate any help or information on this condition..

Steffy 12-29-2011 09:20 AM

Doctor in Columbia SC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratt4 (Post 820503)
Hello everyone. I am a 36 year old who's health for the past 10 years has been in decline. I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia and sent to pain management doc who was also a neurologist, in his work up he ordered a MRI of my brain and after 3 months of seeing him and he still had not read my MRI I decided he was not the doc for me. I started seeing a new pain man. doc last month who in reading the reports from the old doc said "I see you have a chiari malformation." Well since this was the first time I heard this I was completely blown away. I have worked in the medical field for years and new somewhat about this but not a lot. Needless to say I was shocked, how could the former doc keep this information from me?? When I first researched chiari I couldn't believe that I every symptom I have told numerous doc's over the years are the basic chiari symptom's! How was this missed?? I am being referred to a neurologist and am wondering why I need to see one, I have had a discectomy at L5/S1 so already have a neurosurgeon, although I am not sure if he has any experience with chiari. So my question is, does anyone know of any doc's in SC or surrounding state's with experience with this? I would appreciate any help or information on this condition..

Hello Pratt4 ....I live near Columbia SC and was wondering who was the doctor that finally diagnosed you with Chiari? ...also did you have obvious herniation of the cerebral tonsils and what were the mm?..I have suffered for many years with almost all of the symptoms of Chiari 1 and have found that it is difficult to diagnose it if there is no obvious herniation of the tonsils. I too am having a hard time finding a doc near Columbia for this??...any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

razzle51 12-29-2011 11:26 AM

dr Rosner in NC is tops in chiari

Steffy 01-01-2012 08:58 AM

Dr. Rosner in NC ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by razzle51 (Post 836237)
dr Rosner in NC is tops in chiari

Hey razzle ....thanks for you reply...can you give me Dr. Rosner's first name and where in NC this doctor practices? Thanks so much :)