NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   LOUD crack sound from base of skull (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/159922-loud-crack-sound-base-skull.html)

SD38 10-28-2011 01:41 AM

LOUD crack sound from base of skull

Hi guys, it's happened again.
CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's strange that yesterday was a bad day for me with stiffness and aches in the arms ( both on the operated and unoperated sides ) and last night ended up in me having 2 paracetamol and ibuprofen together to get some relief.
My sleep wasn't great and I felt pretty tight in the neck and shoulders this morning.
While checking out the posts I turned to get my cuppa and there it was..... SOOOOO loud. After a 5 seconds I started to get a slight pain at the back of my eyes and occipital area.
It's been about 5 mins since then, I feel better and neck has eased up but pulsatile tinnitus is giving it some welly.
Just so happens that I have an appointment with the doc today so I'm gonna mention it.

Curious?????????
Does anyone else get these EXTREMELY loud cracks from their neck ( feels like C0-C1 section)?

chroma 10-28-2011 02:12 AM

I don't think mine have been as loud, but I've gotten some good cracks and crunches from C0 - C2. My 2nd chiro who uses "the Activator" tool diagnosed me with upper C problems. After reading about them, I agreed. I see him weekly and my neck and head alignment has improved substantially. My head used to be visibly tilted (towards the TOS side, of course--the vortex of badness).

Make sure you are not in forward head position, even slightly. Also, consider adding "Fixing You: Neck Pain & Headaches" into your self therapy routine.

Good luck.

SD38 10-28-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chroma (Post 819344)
I don't think mine have been as loud, but I've gotten some good cracks and crunches from C0 - C2. My 2nd chiro who uses "the Activator" tool diagnosed me with upper C problems. After reading about them, I agreed. I see him weekly and my neck and head alignment has improved substantially. My head used to be visibly tilted (towards the TOS side, of course--the vortex of badness).

Make sure you are not in forward head position, even slightly. Also, consider adding "Fixing You: Neck Pain & Headaches" into your self therapy routine.

Good luck.

I'm on it.... Amazon, here I come!:D
Cheers
Quess what I have noticed after that crack.... my pinkie is tingling.

Jomar 10-28-2011 12:12 PM

I used to have more of the "rice krispies" sounds in my neck- little snap,crackle, pop stuff...I think mine was due to all the constant muscle tension in that area.

I am having a little bit of those sounds today after my wood cutting, stacking /splitting for the last 2 days.

SD38 10-30-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 819508)
I used to have more of the "rice krispies" sounds in my neck- little snap,crackle, pop stuff...I think mine was due to all the constant muscle tension in that area.

I am having a little bit of those sounds today after my wood cutting, stacking /splitting for the last 2 days.

The next time I'm having Rice Crispies for breakfast I will think of you.:p