NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Your temporary password request (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/159985-temporary-password-request.html)

bdh1 10-29-2011 02:42 PM

Your temporary password request

I've been waiting since Jan. 2011 for a decision on my reconsideration appeal for SSDI. I received a letter from SS titled YOUR TEMPORARY PASSWORD REQUEST CODE, which I didn't request. It said, if you are a new beneficiary, make sure you have received your notice of payment or your first benefit payment before you get your password, this will expire Nov 30. Well, the letter was dated a week prior to my receiving it, so I went ahead and logged in and created a permanent password. I was able to see my monthly benefit amount and they would be paid on the 3rd of the month, also they said I was being put on medicare and pay $115 a month (I'm 44 yrs old) but my original claim was filed 9/2009.
My question is, does this mean I was approved even though I haven't received a "notice of benefits" in the mail yet?
Thanks for any help anyone may have.

LIT LOVE 10-29-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdh1 (Post 819808)
I've been waiting since Jan. 2011 for a decision on my reconsideration appeal for SSDI. I received a letter from SS titled YOUR TEMPORARY PASSWORD REQUEST CODE, which I didn't request. It said, if you are a new beneficiary, make sure you have received your notice of payment or your first benefit payment before you get your password, this will expire Nov 30. Well, the letter was dated a week prior to my receiving it, so I went ahead and logged in and created a permanent password. I was able to see my monthly benefit amount and they would be paid on the 3rd of the month, also they said I was being put on medicare and pay $115 a month (I'm 44 yrs old) but my original claim was filed 9/2009.
My question is, does this mean I was approved even though I haven't received a "notice of benefits" in the mail yet?
Thanks for any help anyone may have.

Yes. You can call or go down to your local office for verification. Your backpay might be deposited in your banking account prior to you receiving your Fully Favorable decision.

bdh1 10-30-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 819829)
Yes. You can call or go down to your local office for verification. Your backpay might be deposited in your banking account prior to you receiving your Fully Favorable decision.

I received my"Notice Of Award" in the mail today and I was fully approved. What a relief. They said they were withholding backpay to see if I was getting SSI, which I wasn't.
Does anyone know if I can stay on Maryland Medical Assistance (Medicaid) instead of going on Medicare?

LIT LOVE 10-30-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdh1 (Post 820036)
I received my"Notice Of Award" in the mail today and I was fully approved. What a relief. They said they were withholding backpay to see if I was getting SSI, which I wasn't.
Does anyone know if I can stay on Maryland Medical Assistance (Medicaid) instead of going on Medicare?

You'll have to research your particular state. Many states allow you to have both. Medicare Part A is only hospitalization, anyway. Some states will pay for your Part B and even supplemental insurance. Your rates will increase later if you don't opt to pick them up at time of eligibility.