NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Heparin Injections (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/160571-heparin-injections.html)

kellysf 11-09-2011 06:45 PM

Heparin Injections

I'm scheduled to receive heparin injections tomorrow. I'll let the forum know what the experience is like and whether it helps with pain relief. I've got my fingers crossed.

Kelly

343v343 11-09-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysf (Post 823355)
I'm scheduled to receive heparin injections tomorrow. I'll let the forum know what the experience is like and whether it helps with pain relief. I've got my fingers crossed.

Kelly

Good luck! Curious as to how that works versus Botox. Do they inject under imaging into the scalene? Is the idea that it's cheaper ?? Are you doing operated side or unoperated? Will you use in conjunction with opioids or without to see real effect?

Anne4tos 11-09-2011 07:23 PM

Good luck, Kelly. I understand he is doing some blood work now before the injections. Do you know what he is testing and/or looking for in the blood prior to the injections?

May you find some relief.

kellysf 11-09-2011 07:42 PM

I haven't seen Dr. Ellis yet. I'll know more tomorrow. I don't know how to compare the heparin with the botox. I'm seeing Dr. Ellis because his explanation of the TOS disease process makes the most sense to me, is closer to my experience.

I'm not sure what I'll do about pain medications following the injections. If I don't need them, I won't take them. So far, I've been able to take them only when I need them without nasty withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully that holds.

Kelly

ladylaura418 11-09-2011 08:37 PM

I'm having Botox tomorrow morning. Four shots - two in each side. I will report as well. Fingers crossed for improvement. :)

343v343 11-09-2011 08:42 PM

I didn't think they could do both sides at once - in case of phrenic nerve issues??

ladylaura418 11-09-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 343v343 (Post 823398)
I didn't think they could do both sides at once - in case of phrenic nerve issues??

Most of my issues are circulatory and vascular, rather than nerve related. I'm getting an injection into the scalene muscles and another into a different muscle for which I can't remember the name.

chroma 11-10-2011 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylaura418 (Post 823402)
Most of my issues are circulatory and vascular, rather than nerve related. I'm getting an injection into the scalene muscles and another into a different muscle for which I can't remember the name.

Good luck with the botox!

Can you (re)list your symptoms?

boytos 11-10-2011 04:55 AM

Can you talk to doctor ellis about pentoxifylline and tocopherol ? please :)

Say him this can reverse some fibrosis : Post operative, radiation induced and others.

:grouphug::hug:

ladylaura418 11-10-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chroma (Post 823464)
Good luck with the botox!

Can you (re)list your symptoms?

Hi Chroma,

I created a new thread regarding the Botox and my symptoms, so that I was not taking over this thread. :)

Kelly - how did your injections go?