NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Just typical! (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/161080-typical.html)

Saffy 11-22-2011 02:14 AM

Just typical!

I phoned the neurology department yesterday as my surgeons secretary was on leave till today and she said they had provisionally booked me in for my operation on 7th December.

The only thing is, Mike is away in Holland with work and it's all booked and paid for and a very I portent progression I his job. So it's an absolute must he goes.

I'm not at all bothered that he won't be there when I go in for the op as I totally understand but he won't have it.

He says I have to phone and cancel that date. I can't stand much more waiting. If it much longer I will have to have yet another bloody pre op and, to be honest, I just want it done.

I am so fed up.

Has anyone experienced having to cancel their op and if so what did they do at the hospital? Do they put you at the bottom of the waiting list?

Mark56 11-22-2011 09:54 AM

Aspirin did it for me

I sure as heck made my surgeon angry that I had taken low dose adult aspirin within two weeks of the date. Oops, I had forgotten. I had to have a date two weeks without... so it wad recalculated, and we were in within two weeks later.

Embarrassed,:o
Mark56:grouphug:

Saffy 11-22-2011 11:28 AM

Well, Mike is adamant that I don't have to operation whilst he isn't here .. mainly I think, because he wants to be with me more than anything else.

I was offered 23rd December, because funnily enough, no one wants to be in over christmas so they have lots of vacant spots .. believe me, I was sorely tempted.

Now it's January sometime .. I only hope I don't have to go back for a pre op as it's such a way. Though as it's only the MRSA they are mostly worried about, if they do ask I will see if I can get it done at the local Hospital and the results sent over.

Sick to death of this .. and not got much interest in the stim at the moment.

Rrae 11-22-2011 07:30 PM

I'm sorry, Karen. You're at the end of your rope with this and who can blame you. From what I've been taking in, the way they handle surgery in Ireland and the UK is alot different than us in the states. In my case, I remember having to do some switching of the dates, but usually because of the doctor. Once was because of waiting on my insurance approval. But in all cases, the surgery was done within 2-3 wks.
And wouldn't you know it, it always ended up after the new year so my insurance deductible had to start all over again. Grrrrr

I hope something will work out for you soon.

Rae
:hug:

Mark56 11-23-2011 12:59 AM

Arghhhh

AAAaaRRRRGGGGhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

Well Saff, we :circlelove: You and family, and pray for ya,
Mark56:hug:zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Saffy 11-23-2011 11:17 AM

Thank you for the thoughts, prayers and, by golly, those yells I can hear from the UK.

Ah well, at least I will be semi moveable around Christmas .. And can start the new year with a glass of wine or two.

I think my new date will be around January 18th ...

Ananimity 11-23-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saffy (Post 826967)
Thank you for the thoughts, prayers and, by golly, those yells I can hear from the UK.

Ah well, at least I will be semi moveable around Christmas .. And can start the new year with a glass of wine or two.

I think my new date will be around January 18th ...

I knew I was loud - but not that loud sweet soul. :) Be encouraged that the day is coming.

dubliner 11-24-2011 11:00 PM

I feel for ya Saffy. My implant was originally scheduled for July - and that after over a year after the original trial - and was cancelled three times! I thought the flamin' op was never going to happen. But here I am in hospital recovering from the stage 2 nevro implant. You'll get there!