NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   I GOT A CALL IN the MIDDLE of the NIGHT (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/16130-call-middle-night.html)

buckwheat 03-23-2007 12:22 PM

I GOT A CALL IN the MIDDLE of the NIGHT

Hi Everyone,
Most of you know my mom died several years ago. But I was given a second mom with a heart of gold, she had 9 children of her own. But we were very, very close.

Last week one of her children called and told me she wanted me to see her. I didn't go because of the infection I had in my eye. I should of gone to see her. She is very strong minded and I thought she would pull thru, but I was wrong.

I got a call last night that she passed away. Hugs, Roz

Curious 03-23-2007 12:25 PM

:hug: oh roz, i am so sorry for your loss.

Jomar 03-23-2007 12:33 PM

Oh Roz I'm so sorry - I'm sure they told her you were not well enough to come.

Soft hugs to you.

Diamond Lil 03-23-2007 01:06 PM

Roz: I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure she knew that you wanted to be there but were unable. :hug: Lil

buckwheat 03-23-2007 01:07 PM

Hi Jo,

Her grown children called last week, telling me to please come anyway. I was wrong. Roz

Sandel 03-23-2007 01:10 PM

ohh no..

Aww Roz I am so sory for your new loss, please try to get lots of rest hon.. as you know emotional turmoil (stress) can realy mess with pain levels.

Biggest soft hugs Roz, :grouphug:
Sandra

Jomar 03-23-2007 01:28 PM

I know how you feel Roz- I kept thinking my grandpa would pull thru- but I was wrong too.

Brokenwings 03-23-2007 01:37 PM

hi Roz--I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure that your step-mom knows what was, and is, in your heart.

Take care--thoughts, prayers and hugs.:hug:

Sincerely,

Brokenwings

buckwheat 03-23-2007 02:02 PM

Brokenwings,

This lovely lady , that really knew how to love is not my step mother. Hugs, Roz

fmichael 03-23-2007 05:06 PM

Dear Roz -

I am so sorry to hear of the sadness which fills you heart. First the lost of some who nutured you even while the rest if the world saw you as an adult, and then now for pain and self-recrimination of not going to her.

I know that apart from my own parents - who are remarkably still strong - the person I was closest to in my life was my maternal grandmother. Yet after she was widowed, I really didn't do a good job of staying in touch, until she slipped significantly into her dementia, and it was really too late. I kicked myself like hell for a couple of years after she died, until I realized that with or without me, her life ended in peace, surrounded by the arms of love, in this case, my mother.

I firmly believe that your surrogate mom was reaching out to give you her love as much as to receive it. She was surrounded by a loving family who cared for her deeply. You should know that, having been with her in her last days or not, you will always carry the love she gave you.

much love,
Mike