NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Meralgia Paresthetica (https://www.neurotalk.org/meralgia-paresthetica/)
-   -   Meralgia parestetica after hernia surgery (https://www.neurotalk.org/meralgia-paresthetica/161429-meralgia-parestetica-hernia-surgery.html)

niazi 11-30-2011 10:55 AM

Meralgia parestetica after hernia surgery

Hello everybody.
I recently got Merlagia parestetica and hope to get your help. I had a laparoscopic bilateral inguinal hernia repair surgery 18 days ago,*and the moment i woke up after the surgery i had a terrible burning pain in my left thigh above the knee.I went to a neurologist and was di diagnosed with MP but he says it will go by itself.He prescribed Lyrica but i still have the shooting pain when i bend my knee in a certain position.Now i saw a neurosurgeon and he asked for an MRI. Unfortunately the MRI didn't show anything. He says it may go by itself and it may not, so it may need a nerve decompression surgery if it does not get better in one or two months.Can you please belp me? I hope it is not needed and i really don't want it, But how long should I wait before deciding to do surgery ?

Hopeless 06-13-2013 02:25 AM

Hopeless

Quote:

Originally Posted by niazi (Post 828719)
Hello everybody.
I recently got Merlagia parestetica and hope to get your help. I had a laparoscopic bilateral inguinal hernia repair surgery 18 days ago,*and the moment i woke up after the surgery i had a terrible burning pain in my left thigh above the knee.I went to a neurologist and was di diagnosed with MP but he says it will go by itself.He prescribed Lyrica but i still have the shooting pain when i bend my knee in a certain position.Now i saw a neurosurgeon and he asked for an MRI. Unfortunately the MRI didn't show anything. He says it may go by itself and it may not, so it may need a nerve decompression surgery if it does not get better in one or two months.Can you please belp me? I hope it is not needed and i really don't want it, But how long should I wait before deciding to do surgery ?

Did you get any answers? Did it go away on its own? I have done a lot of research and read that it "usually" goes away on its own but mine has been a pain in my thigh for over 30 years. It only gets worse and worse as time goes on and I am ready to amputate my leg on my own.

sidster 10-09-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeless (Post 991722)
Did you get any answers? Did it go away on its own? I have done a lot of research and read that it "usually" goes away on its own but mine has been a pain in my thigh for over 30 years. It only gets worse and worse as time goes on and I am ready to amputate my leg on my own.

What was the final outcome of your situation? what did you do?

Hopeless 10-09-2014 08:03 PM

To sidster

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidster (Post 1102176)
What was the final outcome of your situation? what did you do?

I found a pain mgt. doctor. He helps me "live" with my MP.