NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Ow!! I'm really hurting!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/161468-ow-im-hurting.html)

Debbie D 12-01-2011 02:28 AM

Ow!! I'm really hurting!!

Went to bed tonight and my legs are aching like crazy. I finally got up after taking a small dose of muscle relaxant-told DH not to follow me since I'll be walking the floors.
When I went into the bathroom I found a full dose of muscle relaxant on the counter...it must have fallen out of my hand when I took my bedtime meds...

I need to lay attention!! Paying the price now...ugh!!

SallyC 12-01-2011 01:52 PM

{{{{{DebbieD}}}}} I hope you are feeling better today..:)

Debbie D 12-01-2011 02:10 PM

Actually, nope...my legs are screaming and jumpy. Wonder if I'm going into a flare?
So nice to see your avatar again, Sal...:)

SallyC 12-01-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie D (Post 829092)
Actually, nope...my legs are screaming and jumpy. Wonder if I'm going into a flare?
So nice to see your avatar again, Sal...:)

Oh no, I hope not. The holiday season is a stressful time. Relax....breathe. Stress can bring on an exaserbation..:eek:

:hug::hug::hug:

NurseNancy 12-01-2011 04:02 PM

sometimes missing a dose of an important med can throw your body off.
i hope by catching up you'll feel better.

Debbie D 12-02-2011 10:44 AM

I had a rough day yesterday...it was even difficult driving because my legs were spasming in waves.
I saw the neuro yesterday...I told him, in tears, that I was tired of the pain but I fight through it even when working out.
He was so wonderful...held my hand and told me he knows I'm strong on the outside, but not to ignore the marshmallow inside...and he finally gave me a narcotic to use only when the pain is strong. He is a very conservative doctor who worries about his patients becoming overdependent on drugs.

Today is a bit better...not in the extreme pain of the last two days. Ahhh...

thanks for advice and support, all...:)

SallyC 12-02-2011 11:40 AM

Awwwww, I love your Doc..:hug:

I've found that if your body really need sa narc drug, then you don't usually get addicted. It's the people who recover but still keep taking the drug for phantom pain who become pill dependent.:hug:

Debbie D 12-02-2011 05:54 PM

Sal I agree-except for nicotine. I only smoked for a few months and only a pack a week, but 20 years later I still get cravings...all I have to do is remember my dad lying dead of a heart attack on the kitchen floor to nip it...

SallyC 12-02-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie D (Post 829465)
Sal I agree-except for nicotine. I only smoked for a few months and only a pack a week, but 20 years later I still get cravings...all I have to do is remember my dad lying dead of a heart attack on the kitchen floor to nip it...

Yeah, but you didn't smoke the nicotine to relieve pain!!:D

ewizabeth 12-02-2011 11:07 PM

If I miss a dose of meds I notice. Try not to miss important ones that control pain! :hug: You do too much as it is!