NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   That was NOT fun!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/161583-fun.html)

Blessings2You 12-03-2011 07:07 PM

That was NOT fun!!

I had the worst pain in my lower back/hip area for maybe 30-45 minutes...still don't know if it was a spasm, a strain, a pinched nerve? I think it was too low for kidney and felt muscular...I heated one of those things with corn in it, and that seemed to help.

Man, it hurt so bad for a few minutes that I was panting and hot and weak. It felt like I could relieve it by changing positions, but no...it didn't matter if I stood, sat, walked, leaned back, whatever.

I guess it's gone, but not only do I feel drained, I feel jumpy that it might come back. I do not know how people cope with chronic severe pain!!! I couldn't even think. And it was nothing! God bless all of you that deal with pain.

SallyC 12-03-2011 08:18 PM

Sounds like a spazm. I had one in the hospital. I know what you are saying about how our friends deal with chronic pain..:eek: :hug:

I had a taste of it when I had the Shingles on my face/head. I just hoped to die, it was so bad..:eek:

I hope it doesn't come back.:hug:

Debbie D 12-04-2011 01:02 PM

B2Y, sounds like a spasm...I have experienced that, and it's probably right up there with labor pains...I hope you don't have a recurrance...I ended up on a steroid dose pack the first time I got them, because it wouldn't dissipate...

Hope you're back to normal soon:hug:

NurseNancy 12-04-2011 05:20 PM

owwwww.
heat can do a lot to relieve tight muscles. 20" on, 20" off. moist heat is the best.

i have a lot of muscle pain and my heating pad isn't far away.

i hope it's gone and doesn't come back. try not to be tense.

Debbie D 12-05-2011 09:33 AM

How are you feeling today?

tkrik 12-05-2011 11:52 AM

B2Y - Sounds like spasms to me too. I hope you are doing better today.:hug::hug:

Blessings2You 12-05-2011 05:26 PM

Feeling a little better today, but being a semi-invalid. That gets old, but if I do more than the basics, it starts to hurt again. You don't realize how many little things you do just to maintain your live until you can't do them. Or don't DARE do them, at least. Ugh. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers!!

tkrik 12-06-2011 11:42 AM

Glad you are feeling a little better. Take things slowly at first and see how you do. Don't rush things. You'll get there.:hug:

ginnie 12-06-2011 02:44 PM

RE: spasm

Yes indeed that sounded like a spasm. I had them in the hospital after my surgery. You can't think straight. Hope it doesn't come back blessings.

Sally, I am getting the shot for shingles. I am frightened of that illness, and will put out the money for it for prevention. I won't put it off anylonger. I have heard how bad that can be. ginnie