NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Joining you all soon! (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/161671-joining-soon.html)

ElizaJane23 12-06-2011 03:23 AM

Joining you all soon!

It's finally going to happen - my SCS implant is scheduled for Dec 28th. Whoo Hoo! I've read all your posts for over 14 months now and finally it's going to be my turn. I'm only going to have the one surgery - we will do the trial on the operating room table, then proceed with the implant. Yeah! I am very relieved that I don't have to do the laminectomy and then go home for a week to see if the SCS works. I'm so happy to finally be at this point - you have no idea how happy!

Mark56 12-06-2011 10:08 AM

An Epiphany Gift

May all be well with your surgery to receivfe the implant, Eliza!!!

Join the Club,
Rae has the secret handshake,
Mark56:grouphug:

Rrae 12-06-2011 01:23 PM

How EXCITING!

Well, Eliza now it's YOUR turn!
Your excitement has overflowed to us all!
And only ONE surgery!
.....:lookaround:....a dude disguised as a duck will contact you regarding the secret handshake.....shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lynn1667 12-06-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElizaJane23 (Post 830220)
It's finally going to happen - my SCS implant is scheduled for Dec 28th. Whoo Hoo! I've read all your posts for over 14 months now and finally it's going to be my turn. I'm only going to have the one surgery - we will do the trial on the operating room table, then proceed with the implant. Yeah! I am very relieved that I don't have to do the laminectomy and then go home for a week to see if the SCS works. I'm so happy to finally be at this point - you have no idea how happy!

Good luck-I would be anxious to hear how it went. I will know after Dec 12th when my surgery will be scheduled. :)

Mark56 12-06-2011 10:49 PM

Dude dressed like a duck......

: 0) : o() : o))

:D:D:D:D:D
Mark56:D:D:grouphug:

Sandy Kay 12-07-2011 10:32 AM

Congratulations! The countdown begins. Now it's time to look at all the things in your home and see what you can move around so as not to bend-reach-twist. The kitchen, bath and bedroom can be the most challenging. Getting up and dressing takes some planning. Reaching for that mug for coffee, loading the dishwasher. Things we take for granted all involve twisting, bending and reaching. Good luck.

Sandy

ElizaJane23 12-08-2011 06:43 PM

You're so funny Mark!!

I have to remember this to use again - Hilarious!!! Oh, how I'd love to be spending more time here getting to know you all! I made myself not get involved before - it was just too hard seeing everyone get their trials and surgeries while I was still waiting. Unfortunately my 3 spinal surgeries and 10 other surgeries were very hard to recover from. I have a lot of allergies and I think it's the exposure to all the anesthesia and antibiotics - I feel sick for quite awhile after a surgery. So now that I know it's finally going to happen I'm really pushing myself to get some things done. It may be awhile till I'm able to do much (and it's been so long since I've been able to do much anyway), so I 'm really behind. I have to approach this surgery with the consideration that it may not help at all - I just don't know. How I'm hoping that I'll be too busy beibg able to do things after my surgery to make online friends! Not that I don't appreciate the official handshake and all!! Lol-

Mark56 12-08-2011 11:04 PM

I want to see you studying Karate!!!

A retired Army Lady on here, KZLRogue, a driven tough young lady was so excited afterward....... more like a year afterward, after all of the physical therapy and being careful. She was allowed by the doc to resume Golf, and even Karate! Thus, Eliza, I pray for you the JOY of freedom from so much pain, the means to manage pain better, the ability to reduce some of the stuff that messes with your lifeand makes it seem less like yours.

Blessings,
With a splash of humor,
RAE is the truly funny bone here,
Yup,
Mark56:hug:zzzzz, OH, and buzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ElizaJane23 12-09-2011 10:37 AM

Prepare for 'BLAST'

Thanks for saying that Sandy - that hadn't crossed my mind. At first I thought - well, I've been in a wheelchair for 10 years, so most things are mid-level. upon relection i noted that, because I can walk some, I've never really learned how to get things done from a seated position - my husband has pretty much done everything (I am ashamed to say). So I do need to change some things around. Christmas, and getting ready for surgery, is keeping me busy!