NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Praise the Lord good report but still feeling poorly! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/162283-praise-lord-report-feeling-poorly.html)

Liftyourhands7 12-20-2011 10:57 PM

Praise the Lord good report but still feeling poorly!

Just got back from seeing my Neuro Doc out at the University Hospital (UCLA), the bad news is I'm very tingly and numb from head to toe, and just when I thought I couldn't get any worse I do, I also really have a lot of burning, the good news is ALL of my blood tests have come back normal, she says I do not have any autoimmune diseases, no diabetes, she feels that in time my symptoms will resolve, she has seen many people with this type of neuropathy resolve but it could take one to two years! She did another EMG which was normal and changed my Gabapentin meds to cymbalta, I hope this will help all the numbness and tingling. She told me to come back in 3 to 4 months just to see where we are at. Has anyone here been this bad off with all the numbness and then within one to two years it resolved? I would really like to hear from you. Thank you, God Bless, Jan

januarybabe 12-21-2011 08:49 AM

Thanks for post. I am in somewhat of a similar situation. My tests were pretty much normal. The only thing that showed up was gallstones which seem to be without symptoms.

I hope my situation will resolve itself. I have had my pain for 1 1/2 years. It has gotten progressively worse although the rate of increase doesn't seem to be as great as before.

mrsD 12-21-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liftyourhands7 (Post 834150)
Just got back from seeing my Neuro Doc out at the University Hospital (UCLA), the bad news is I'm very tingly and numb from head to toe, and just when I thought I couldn't get any worse I do, I also really have a lot of burning, the good news is ALL of my blood tests have come back normal, she says I do not have any autoimmune diseases, no diabetes, she feels that in time my symptoms will resolve, she has seen many people with this type of neuropathy resolve but it could take one to two years! She did another EMG which was normal and changed my Gabapentin meds to cymbalta, I hope this will help all the numbness and tingling. She told me to come back in 3 to 4 months just to see where we are at. Has anyone here been this bad off with all the numbness and then within one to two years it resolved? I would really like to hear from you. Thank you, God Bless, Jan

Many people! Can this be true? And what is causing many people to burn all over with pain?

Drugs? Vaccines? food borne illnesses? I think we need some answers.

It is true some illnesses are self limiting, and do resolve. I sincerely hope that will be true for you.

Liftyourhands7 12-22-2011 03:20 AM

Thanks for replies

The Doctors at UCLA see people from all over the world, just as any teaching and university hospitals do, that's why I went there, I don't know what the Doctor meant by many people but I know she has seen more people than the average neurologist just because of where she is located. I hope she is correct in her diagnosis of me, but I don't put my hope in her, I put it in the Lord, and I and many of my friends prayed for this Doctor that the Lord would help direct her in my treatment, so I will wait it out and hope I will get better. anyway I hope all of you here have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year, my hopes are that we all here have a better next year then what this year has been! Blessings to all of you! Jan

Stillfighting 12-22-2011 12:57 PM

Stress

It would be nice to get some answers. My doctors basically say nothing. However, we may want to add stress to the list of causes for flare ups. I don't think we even realize how much stress we carry compared to past generations. Especially this time a year.

Liftyourhands7 12-23-2011 12:56 AM

I agree! Thanks for your post. Blessings, Jan