NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Everything tastes wrong. (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/162368-tastes-wrong.html)

PunkDizzle 12-22-2011 05:00 PM

Everything tastes wrong.

Grrr... this is the second time this has happened to me where anything I eat/drink tastes weird... last time it was just off... and that was about 3yrs ago...

now everything tastes like grass.. (and not the fun kind:wink:) I could understand if I was on IVSM but I haven't had that for years... or even if something in my daily meds had changed..... really! it has to come out of the blue and be a problem now when there is tons of good holiday food to eat...:mad:

anyone else ever have their sense of taste go wonky on them?

Blessings2You 12-22-2011 06:45 PM

My dad also had MS, and he had random episodes where food either had no taste at all, or tasted like odd substances--gasoline, soap, perfume, etc. I mostly remember him enjoying food, so it must have been infrequent and short-term.

kicker 12-22-2011 07:24 PM

I saved my Thin Mints. DD says they taste fine, they taste like dry Dog food smells to me. Poop I say.

Sometimes stuff is a little off, sometimes not.

Kitty 12-22-2011 08:41 PM

I'm having that problem now. I just had surgery about 4 weeks ago so I sort of thought it was possibly a left over effect of the anesthesia.

I hate it when something sounds really good only to have it taste weird once you finally have it.

SallyC 12-22-2011 09:19 PM

:Wave-Hello: HI YA PUNK!!! sorry avout your taste buds, but nice to see you again.:cool:

PunkDizzle 12-24-2011 05:22 PM

Thanks all!:) just knowing I am not the only one that has had to deal with this Sx makes me feel better and not alone.:grouphug:

dmplaura 12-24-2011 07:12 PM

Phantom smells, taste alterations.. I experience both. I think they're somewhat 'connected'.

You're definitely not alone PunkD :)

Kitty 12-24-2011 09:22 PM

Phantom smells.......I have those all the time, too. Lately it's been a burning smell. :eek: One of these days something is really going to be on fire and I won't pay attention to it. :rolleyes:

dmplaura 12-24-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 835268)
Phantom smells.......I have those all the time, too. Lately it's been a burning smell. :eek: One of these days something is really going to be on fire and I won't pay attention to it. :rolleyes:

Mine's usually the burning smell Kitty. I had so many near heart attacks thinking my place was on fire... only to have it pass 15 minutes later. Now I think "MS" when I go through the episodes... so I think I'd need a visual to be convinced it's a real threat ... not good at all!

ANNagain 12-25-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplaura (Post 835273)
Mine's usually the burning smell Kitty. I had so many near heart attacks thinking my place was on fire... only to have it pass 15 minutes later. Now I think "MS" when I go through the episodes... so I think I'd need a visual to be convinced it's a real threat ... not good at all!

Hi PunkDizzle,

I am w BTY, I have had the "everything taste like soap" hallucination for about a month. I keep drinking, water, tea, anything to make it go away. It doesn't work. Brushing teeth, tongue- nothing works. Other times I have had this I have had the odd smells- gas is common- but I have a virus at the moment and am spared the smells.

Why soap???
ANN:confused: