NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Does this sound like RSD? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/162448-sound-rsd.html)

343v343 12-24-2011 05:11 PM

Does this sound like RSD?

I have been getting weird burning pains all over my body, particularly in my arms and forearms and arm pit area... But I also get the sensations in my thighs, legs, and shoulders. Even in my backside. The pain seems to go away when I'm active and I notice it more when at rest.

I have been told I have TOS but that would seem to be illogical for leg pain. I don't have any swelling or color change. And cold doesn't seem to make anything worse. I haven't lost range of motion either. Just a constant sun burn pain and small areas of skin that are hyper sensitive at times.

From what I've read about rsd that wouldn't seem consistent. Any thoughts? The spread in a matter of two months to my entire body seems inconsistent too no?

catra121 12-24-2011 11:24 PM

RSD can be odd and it is not the same in every person...but it honestly doesn't seem like RSD to me. The burning pain is just one symptom and one in each of 4 categories for an official RSD diagnosis usually and it doesn't seem like you have the other things.

Maybe fibromyalgia? I've heard that described as a burning pain that tends to be more wide spread from the beginning vs RSD which doesn't ("usually") spread that fast. I'm not a doctor or anything though. I don't know much about TOS...but was there a specific reason they think it is that or are they just guessing? There are lots of things out there that I don't know about...never would have even heard of RSD until FINALLY a doctor diagnosed it after being bounced around by several docs. If you don't trust what the docs are telling you then it is probably a good idea to see someone else about a second opinion.

So very sorry to hear about what you are going through. There really is nothing worse then having something wrong and not knowing what it is. At one point I remember thinking I didn't care WHAT was wrong with me...even if it was really BAD...I just wanted to know what the heck it was so I could start treatment and just move forward with my life.

LIT LOVE 12-25-2011 04:40 PM

Severity of the burning pain is a major factor. If you can describe what you're experiencing in greater detail, it would be helpful.

Have you had your blood sugar tested? Diabetic Neuropathy is commonly misdiagnosed with RSD.

343v343 01-07-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 835392)
Severity of the burning pain is a major factor. If you can describe what you're experiencing in greater detail, it would be helpful.

Have you had your blood sugar tested? Diabetic Neuropathy is commonly misdiagnosed with RSD.

I would say like a sun burn. Seems to be all over my legs and arms. Worse when at rest. Can TOS cause RSD? Have had bloodwork which was normal.