NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   CSF Leak (https://www.neurotalk.org/csf-leak/)
-   -   csf leak from epidural? (https://www.neurotalk.org/csf-leak/163126-csf-leak-epidural.html)

yogamum 01-09-2012 05:17 PM

csf leak from epidural?

Hi All,

I had a botched epidural 9 weeks ago. Doctor admitted having hit the dura. Had a blood patch 72 hours later. Headache came back but eventually was manageable. Now I have a constant headache in my neck, behind my eyes, the jaw. I also suffer with migraines and they are way worse now. Family doctor thinks it will go away and it is hormones, exhaustion, etc. Thought I would get your opinion. Could it be a CSF leak? Would it have healed itself by now?

cadburychocolate 01-19-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamum (Post 839455)
Hi All,

I had a botched epidural 9 weeks ago. Doctor admitted having hit the dura. Had a blood patch 72 hours later. Headache came back but eventually was manageable. Now I have a constant headache in my neck, behind my eyes, the jaw. I also suffer with migraines and they are way worse now. Family doctor thinks it will go away and it is hormones, exhaustion, etc. Thought I would get your opinion. Could it be a CSF leak? Would it have healed itself by now?

Hi yogamum, I had a baby by ECS 7 months ago and since then i have suffered, dizzyness, ear aches head aches, numbness tingling metal taste in mouth, I have been advised my gp (after several visits) that i have a virus, etc then i was told i have post natal. I then talk them into blood tests which proved negative. I was at my wits end and have googled my way throughn everything until i read about \CSF leaks and its the onl;y thing that fits the bill. I have been ill since my section and was in perfect helath the day before it, i get back ache head ache dizzy to passing out etc etc .
I shall demand a CT scan tomorrow as i think i have found the end to my 7 month misery.

ginnie 01-19-2012 08:09 PM

Hi yogamum

[I want to welcome you to Neuro Talk. This is a very supportive community. I have heard of this problem before, and there should be others along to help direct you. Sorry about all the bad symptoms. You can also use the search bar up at the top and print in the condition. That will get you to a forum that may dicuss this issue. Hope it goes away naturally for you. ginnie

Jarow 05-04-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadburychocolate (Post 842971)
Hi yogamum, I had a baby by ECS 7 months ago and since then i have suffered, dizzyness, ear aches head aches, numbness tingling metal taste in mouth, I have been advised my gp (after several visits) that i have a virus, etc then i was told i have post natal. I then talk them into blood tests which proved negative. I was at my wits end and have googled my way throughn everything until i read about \CSF leaks and its the onl;y thing that fits the bill. I have been ill since my section and was in perfect helath the day before it, i get back ache head ache dizzy to passing out etc etc .
I shall demand a CT scan tomorrow as i think i have found the end to my 7 month misery.

Cadburychocolate did they find a leak and fix it. I had my baby 8 months ago I have been going to a neuro for three months now with the same issues. They have done one blood path that was successful for about nine hours but then it all came back. Just wondering what kinds of tests they may have done and if you were treated successfully?

KittyLady 05-11-2012 07:44 PM

Metallic taste in mouth is huge sign of csf leak. Dealt with those alot on the neuro floor I worked on in hospital. I was in nursing for 20yrs. CSF leaks can be horrible. I had a bad leak myself last October after a spinal tap. Good luck to you. Hope you get to feeling soon.