NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Cervical Spinal Cord Stim. & Cervical Epidural Injection (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/163411-cervical-spinal-cord-stim-cervical-epidural-injection.html)

Rayme 01-15-2012 08:53 AM

Cervical Spinal Cord Stim. & Cervical Epidural Injection

Hi all!

I have been straggling with pain since I was 17 years old. My pain started as slight jaw pain and developed through the years to become a severe pain in my jaws, neck, shoulders, and arms plus headaches and lower-back pain. Now, and after 6 years, I have been diagnosed with Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. My doctor started me on amitriptalin 50mg, Lyrica 75mgラ2, Celebrex 200mg and Voltaren 100mgラ2. I had trigger point injections 3 times in neck and shoulders. I also had my TMJ injected once along with the muscles. It takes a week until I recover from the injections and afterwards the pain did subside somehow. Of course the injections effect takes a couple of weeks and then ware-off. I work 9 hrs a day and it's not easy at all!!!! I keep calling sick, taking annual leaves, and taking half days when I can't take the pain any longer! My doctor thinks that my MPS and FM were triggered by a corrective jaw surgery I had when I was 16! And he keeps saying that the pain get worse because I知 tensed and depressed! Hell yeah I知 tensed and depressed; I am in PAIN!!!:mad: I致e noticed that whenever I use my arm the pain gets worse and my hand starts shaking.

Sorry, I値l cut to the chase. I'm at this point desperate to try anything! So, have anyone of you guys tried or considered having Cervical Spinal Cord Stim.? Also, have you tried cervical epidural injection for neck, shoulders, and arms pain?

Thank you!

RX Horatio 01-15-2012 11:40 AM

RE: Help is on the way

[QUOTE=Rayme;841396]Hi all!
Been where you have been. Had a C2-C7 spinal neck fusion. Dangerous as hell but I was in so much pain. Live on Tylenol today. Good Luck

aussiemom 01-15-2012 10:08 PM

What type of doc rx'd all those meds? Can you get into see a pain management doc who understands fibro? Tonight I'd love to have a SCS, but tomorrow whenit doesn't hurt so much, maybe not so much. My pain guy is solid gold for me.

Rayme 01-17-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiemom (Post 841594)
What type of doc rx'd all those meds? Can you get into see a pain management doc who understands fibro? Tonight I'd love to have a SCS, but tomorrow whenit doesn't hurt so much, maybe not so much. My pain guy is solid gold for me.

I have a pain management doc, he's the one who diagnosed me and put me on those meds, gradually.

At this point I'm considering my choices, though I don't have much, but I asked another doctor and he told me that SCS is for a small and specific category and mainly for back pain! So according to him I'm not a good candidate! :( I'll consult my doctor once I get to see him.

one more thing, does anyone know Dr. John Dombrowski of the Washington pain center?

aussiemom 01-18-2012 10:58 PM

Can't help with the doc you asked about, I'm in Florida. I've had a 4 level cervical fusion, and have several herniated lumbar discs. I really don't want to do surgery there, and have thought about SCS. But like you, have been told no. So I guess when I crawl into the doc I'll get a yes. UGH

joydow 11-19-2012 04:06 PM

cervical steroid injection

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayme (Post 841396)
Hi all!

I have been straggling with pain since I was 17 years old. My pain started as slight jaw pain and developed through the years to become a severe pain in my jaws, neck, shoulders, and arms plus headaches and lower-back pain. Now, and after 6 years, I have been diagnosed with Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. My doctor started me on amitriptalin 50mg, Lyrica 75mgラ2, Celebrex 200mg and Voltaren 100mgラ2. I had trigger point injections 3 times in neck and shoulders. I also had my TMJ injected once along with the muscles. It takes a week until I recover from the injections and afterwards the pain did subside somehow. Of course the injections effect takes a couple of weeks and then ware-off. I work 9 hrs a day and it's not easy at all!!!! I keep calling sick, taking annual leaves, and taking half days when I can't take the pain any longer! My doctor thinks that my MPS and FM were triggered by a corrective jaw surgery I had when I was 16! And he keeps saying that the pain get worse because I知 tensed and depressed! Hell yeah I知 tensed and depressed; I am in PAIN!!!:mad: I致e noticed that whenever I use my arm the pain gets worse and my hand starts shaking.

Sorry, I値l cut to the chase. I'm at this point desperate to try anything! So, have anyone of you guys tried or considered having Cervical Spinal Cord Stim.? Also, have you tried cervical epidural injection for neck, shoulders, and arms pain?

Thank you!

I have a great pain doctor. Ihave a pinched nerve in neck area. My arm wasnumb and tingling. I had bad headaches and awful neck pain.I had the injection right into myspine. After7 days my pain wasgoneandarm was not numb anymore.