NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Light Hearted look at the Pros and Cons of MG (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/163518-light-hearted-look-pros-cons-mg.html)

Seamusmac 01-17-2012 06:08 PM

Light Hearted look at the Pros and Cons of MG

Pros::)
You can retire early from work
You can get a disabled sticker and park near the store entrance. avoiding get too wet
You get to sit and watch your favourite TV Programs
You get to sit in the coolest place around when the weather is too hot.

Cons::(
No work no money
The only disabled park is the one furthest away, you try to rush in the rain and your legs want to slow down.
Your eyes decide they don't want to focus or show you 2 of everything.
You miss out in joining the children/granchildren enjoying life

Anyone want to add to the list?

Stellatum 01-17-2012 06:38 PM

How about:

pros:

You save a lot of money on beer, because one is more than enough to have you on the floor.

DesertFlower 01-19-2012 12:34 AM

Abby, that is funny! Made me laugh so hard because I know from experience the truth of that statement.

Seamus, I'm looking forward to experiencing some of the pros.

I suppose I do have one positive thing to add, one that has grown to mean a lot to me. Here it goes:

Pros:

You have a lot of free time to meditate.

You have lots of free time to write that book you've always wanted to, and it will take a lot of time between the double vision, weak fingers and twitches in your hands.

Hey, this is fun! lol

pingpongman 01-19-2012 05:42 AM

Funny you say that but that's exactly what I am doing. I'm updating a book I wrote on our families immigrant about 5 years ago. And yes I got those finger twitches but did finally get rid of the double vision.

New Pro for me:
I made me 4 music CD's of old songs I love including one of Elvis Gospel songs.
Mike

singergal64 01-19-2012 09:10 AM

I decided to get my BA in Psych. Using the talk to text software, which, can be very funny as it writes one word, you said another...ie. ***** for itch.

Cons

My life on the road as a professional musician had to stop. My mouth and tongue and fingers had a mind of their own.:eek:

jana 01-19-2012 01:15 PM

Seamus, I am SOOOO not "creative" this way -- words are just not "my thing". :( (I can't sing, either.) But, I LOVED reading this -- and look forward to what others have to say!!

I love the idea of "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

KEEP up the good work!!

Seamusmac 01-19-2012 04:46 PM

Hearing comments when you use a disabled park legally. Comments such as 'There's nothing wrong with him'. I told one person I had the disabilty permit because I was blind.

Marin826 01-19-2012 08:28 PM

[QUOTE=Seamus;842251]Pros::)

Cons::(

You miss out in joining the children/granchildren enjoying life

pro:

YOU have it,not THEM.
yes,you miss out in joining the children enjoying life,but you are lucky that THEY DO enjoying life,and you don't watch your kids suffer from MG.
YOU have it,not THEM.

Kim12 02-01-2012 05:56 PM

Pro:

You can get a Disabled pass for the National Park system. You and eveyone in your car gets in free and camping fees are reduced.

In California disabled people can get a pass that takes 50% off day use and camping fees.

Ravenred 02-08-2012 12:13 AM

Pros:

You come to understand what slow down and smell the roses really means

Cons

You learn the hard way that if you don't slow down, you will be laying in the rose bed bottom side up smelling the manure the roses were fertilized with.