NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Colloid Cyst (https://www.neurotalk.org/colloid-cyst/)
-   -   Need answers on colloid cyst plz... (https://www.neurotalk.org/colloid-cyst/163658-answers-colloid-cyst-plz.html)

stovall14040119 01-20-2012 08:54 AM

Need answers on colloid cyst plz...

I know I'm new to this discussion forum. I am a 28 year old man who was diagnosed with a colloid cyst, last sunday. I have an appt with a nerosurgeon on tuesday. My cyst was measured at 8 millameters (spelling?). I'm looking at s.urgrey and don't know what to expect. I'm wanting to find out what size is the typical size when the doctors say it has to be removed. As well as how much time is average time spent at the hospitle. I am a happley married man with 3 wonderful boys with one of them 100% dissabled, I am the only 1 working so my wife can be a stay at home mom as she wants to be. I need to prepare as much as I can finacily as possable.

And to tell the truth, I am terrified of what can happen. I've done and will contune researsh, I know sudden death is a possablity. I am a semi truck driver for fed ex ground. I'worked extreamly hard to get this wonderful job doing what I love and being able to be home every night. But, if I have to take more than 2 months off, I will have to be replaced. Does anyone know the average recovery time? Oh, the cyst is in my brain so I know that brain surgery is serious. Please help...

Chemar 01-20-2012 09:57 AM

hi there
here is the thread with the copy of the post you made on the general forum

hope you find the answers you are looking for

Minxlpn 11-01-2015 09:34 PM

Not sure I would be the right person you need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovall14040119 (Post 843154)
I know I'm new to this discussion forum. I am a 28 year old man who was diagnosed with a colloid cyst, last sunday. I have an appt with a nerosurgeon on tuesday. My cyst was measured at 8 millameters (spelling?). I'm looking at s.urgrey and don't know what to expect. I'm wanting to find out what size is the typical size when the doctors say it has to be removed. As well as how much time is average time spent at the hospitle. I am a happley married man with 3 wonderful boys with one of them 100% dissabled, I am the only 1 working so my wife can be a stay at home mom as she wants to be. I need to prepare as much as I can finacily as possable.

And to tell the truth, I am terrified of what can happen. I've done and will contune researsh, I know sudden death is a possablity. I am a semi truck driver for fed ex ground. I'worked extreamly hard to get this wonderful job doing what I love and being able to be home every night. But, if I have to take more than 2 months off, I will have to be replaced. Does anyone know the average recovery time? Oh, the cyst is in my brain so I know that brain surgery is serious. Please help...

This surgery is very very serious. I had it done in 2012 in Stanford Hospital....I don't remember it at all! In fact, my fiancé told me I was there for a week...I had No recollection of it! In my case, I contracted meningitis after and was out even longer....which didn't matter because my job fired me as a nurse because I was not back to work in 4 days. I doubt Fed Ex will do that though because you can sue the crap out of them for it!

I wish you all the luck in the world! And yes you need the surgery! Good luck to you and your family! God bless

Lara 11-01-2015 11:07 PM

Just a quick note to let you know that stovall14040119 posted a few years ago, so it is possible they may not reply.