NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Update on thymectomy (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/163747-update-thymectomy.html)

Ravenred 01-22-2012 12:29 AM

Update on thymectomy

Hey crew

well things have not gone as planned - i was suppose to get out of the hospital on friday after having the thymetomy on tuesday. Instead i ended up on 5 days of plasmapherisis and reintubated because i crashed Wednesday night / early Thursday morning. I've never had so many tubes and lines coming out of me in my entire life!!!!!!! Now we are aiming for Monday - which considering i just got sent to down to the step down from ICU for the second time... I hope it works this time. At least my daughter brought me something to do = lol until the battery dies on her laptop.

keep me in your thoughts - need all the good karma i can get these days.....

pingpongman 01-22-2012 04:20 AM

Oh my gosh! My prayers are with you. Hospitals are awful place to be.
Hugs
Mike

Stellatum 01-22-2012 08:31 AM

Thanks for the update. I really appreciate that. I'm sorry this has been such a terrible ordeal. Here's hoping for Monday!

Abby

Southern Bell 01-22-2012 01:43 PM

I know how scary being in ICU with multiple tubes running into your body can be. I was in ICU for a week from a bad reaction to mestinon after my thymetomy. Try to stay calm and hopefully your condition will be better soon so that you can go home.

You are in my prayers for a successful recovery.

Southern Bell
:grouphug:

suev 01-22-2012 01:50 PM

Very sorry things have not gone as planned!! Here's hoping you improve, and improve, and improve from here on out. You've gone through so much...time for good things to start happening for you!!

Pls keep us updated on your progress as you can..lots of folks here wish the very best for you.

ginnie 01-22-2012 02:05 PM

Hello Ravernred

I am so sorry that you have such an awful time. Being laid up in the hosptial is no place to get some rest. Sorry you had to be intubated. I have heard that is a difficult experience. My heart goes out to you . Please get well soon, so you can come home and really get the rest you need. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie:hug:

Ravenred 01-22-2012 09:39 PM

Thank you all!

Thank you all for the warm thoughts:grouphug:- today has been better! Central lines are out, chest tubes are out, wound vac is off - down to 1 IV, breathing txs are prn.... and I actually got to take a sit down shower today! Yeah now I not stinky on top of everything else! Now if I can get the potassium up to where they want it then I can go home tomorrow! (sitting at 2.9)

teresakoch 01-22-2012 11:02 PM

Oh, gracious! Glad that you are still with us - sorry things took a bad turn for you....

Well, at least you got out of having to cook/clean dishes/etc. for a few more days, right? :D

pingpongman 01-23-2012 03:53 AM

OK It's Monday "Get outta that bed and rattle those pots and pans"
Hugs
Mike

ginnie 01-23-2012 10:59 AM

Re: going Home!

Hello Ravenred, so glad to hear you are getting out of the hospital. Didn't that shower feel good? That is one thing I hate about the hospital, showers only come after you get better. Hope you are home, and comfortable and able to sleep better soon. Hope you didn't have any pain with tubes coming out. good luck and I am happy for you. ginnie