NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Pandora radio (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/164161-pandora-radio.html)

Blessings2You 01-30-2012 06:09 PM

Pandora radio

As I've mentioned before, I just got DSL after more than twelve years on dial-up, so I'm exploring things I've never imagined--things that are probably old hat to you folks!

Today's discovery was Pandora. I read on the site that you could enter into the search the name of an artist, track or comoposer, and they would find you music based on that.

I figured, okay, I'll try a few different artists to see what happens. To start with, I typed in "Doyle Lawson", and GUESS WHAT? I never had to do anything else, they play bluegrass gospel for me, which is my favorite and my husband's also!

Just like magic. I love it. :D

Kitty 01-30-2012 06:49 PM

I love Pandora. It's playing in the background now. :)

TheSleeper 01-30-2012 07:08 PM

YouTube also has what seems to be and endless supply of music to listen to. You can also try playlist.com and search for favorites and create your own playlist.

TwoKidsTwoCats 01-30-2012 08:45 PM

Love Pandora! I also listen to "homemade" on-line radio stations as well. Wise Radio and Wizard Radio play pop-rock-indie type music. Nixa Country plays a lot of indie country artists.

aussiemom 01-30-2012 09:08 PM

I wasn't too thrilled with it, deleted it off my phone long time ago. I like Jimmy Buffett. And they did play a FEW of his songs. Then it went to country. Not! I wanted Buffett only. They wouldn't do it, so I deleted it.

Ponygirl 01-31-2012 03:13 AM

I've been using Pandora for years and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:eek: *love* it !!! :D

Phyllis

ewizabeth 01-31-2012 07:56 PM

I love Pandora, it plays my music in the bathroom as I get ready for work. Hubby loves it too, it's one of the few things he does with his smart phone. :)

doydie 02-01-2012 12:07 AM

On my Pandora I have created several stations. I guess some of the artists don't have many albums out so they play a lot of the music out by other similar artists. So when that happens I just do the thumbs down. I guess eventually the only ones left to play will be the original artist I chose.

Dejibo 02-01-2012 07:43 AM

I have pandora on my iphone, and my internet based TV. Love it!

Kitty 02-03-2012 09:25 AM

I've got mine set to play songs from the 70's. Mainly 1978 - 1979. I love it! Ambrosia, Hall & Oates, The Eagles, England Dan & John Ford Coley, Robert John (Sad Eyes), etc. I could go on and on. Tigger likes it when I sing......Panda goes to the back bedroom. :o

Edit to add: How could I have left out The Bee Gees?! :eek: