NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Wonder Thread #268 (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/164613-wonder-thread-268-a.html)

Alffe 02-08-2012 08:28 AM

Wonder Thread #268

I wonder if anyone saw the new show SMASH and loved it as I did..http://www.nbc.com/smash/

I wonder that an old friend sent me the link in an email or I'd have missed it completely...

I wonder if I can stay up that late Monday night to watch it..NYC setting!!

I wonder if hippiechick knows how sorry I was to read about your dh's accident...:(:( sending positive thoughts and hugs your way. :hug:

I wonder that Mr.Alffe and I have been married 54 yrs today...and they said it would never last! :D

I wonder what Barbo's dr. will say this morning...I'll find out at noon. :hug:

I wonder if Doody knows how much I appreciate her wise counsel about depression and the importance of finding someone who will listen and help.

I wonder if I can leave hugs for the room. :grouphug:

Doody 02-09-2012 09:43 AM

I wonder if I can also express my concern for Hippiechick's husband. How scary! I've been in numerous accidents and the results can cause lifetime problems (like whiplash). :hug:

I wonder if Lonely1 knows I think we are pretty cool to be SLIders. :D

I wonder if Barbo might ask her doctor about the crystals in her ears? and if maybe that's the cause of her vertigo? My dad has had so much relief since docs sent him to physical therapy for this condition. I'm anxious to hear how she is doing. :hug:

I wonder that I appear to be feeding 3 feral cats at this time. Last summer my dad built me a feral cathouse for outside. It's even insulated and has nice layers of straw for warmth. I can tell someone is using it by the mashed areas where someone is sleeping. :) With 3 cats of my own, I am going through large bags of cat food rather quickly. :eek:

I wonder how dear Goofy is doing since her FIL's passing. (((hugs)))

I wonder why I keep forgetting the name of Ms. Alffe's furbaby. :o I wonder if that furbaby had a nice shampoo and cut while Mr. & Mrs. Alffe were in Chicago.

barbo 02-09-2012 10:47 AM

When I flipped over really fast after doing my exercises she said one may have lodged on the opposite side. I tried doing the same flip th other way but no luck. I will try again tomorrow.

thelonely1 02-09-2012 04:26 PM

I wonder if I can tell Alffe that I didn't watch SMASH, but I did watch the other show Steven Spielberg is producing, The River, and I thought it was good.

I wonder and hope that both Hippiechick's husband and Barbo will be all right.

I wonder that today I went to urgent care because the lump on the back of my neck (that I've had all my life :rolleyes:) became infected somehow. They stabbed a scalpul to make the swelling go down.

I wonder that the doctor asked me if I wanted any painkillers, I said I'm okay without them, he gave them to me anyway. So now I'm on Vicodin.

I wonder why Vicodin does absolutely nothing. I've had better painkilling experiances with a single alcoholic beverage. (You know, one of the two whole times I've had them. :o:rolleyes:)

I wonder if my super SLIder powers also make drugs not work. :D

Alffe 02-10-2012 06:51 AM

I wonder where I can find Coconut Oil.....health food store?

I wonder if Lonely1 watched a new Big Bang last night...:D

I wonder what night The River is on?

I wonder how cool it must be to be a SLIder! :o

I wonder how good IU/Ill game was last night...another IU win!

I wonder if Ducky is feeling any better this morning...:hug:

I wonder why Addy is being so quiet....working hard???

I wonder how wren is and what a good friend she is...:grouphug:

I wonder if Barbo is better still this morning?..:hug:

I wonder if Lara got any relief from the heat??...

I wonder if reyn reads here...???

I wonder if Goofy knows that she remains in my prayers. :hug:

I wonder how happy I was to read that Tamiloo continues to improve after her surgery...yay and yay!!

I wonder if I can leave Hippiechick a warm hug...:hug:

FeelinGoofy 02-10-2012 11:16 AM

I wonder if i can pop in very quickly and tell everybody thank you for your thoughts and prayers.... Funeral is tomorrow. Today will be busy with going back and forth to the airport. We have several who are flying in from Albuquerque. My FIL looks good. The funeral home did a great job.
Rick is doing better. His brother, not so much. I think he is dealing with "regrets" if you get my drift. Me..... not for sure. This has made me realize i've not let myself fully grieve my moms passing.
Love you guys much.... {{{HUGS}}}}

hippiechick 02-10-2012 04:35 PM

I wonder if I can say "thank you" to all of you who've been concerned about my hubby; he wasn't so much hurt by his wreck; mostly by the truck which hit the same patch of ice after he got out of our SUV; the other driver was a young kid who flipped twice and landed on hubby. Major ouches!

I wonder if I can say that I'm sort of in a funk at this point....maybe too much 'sharing' when I've not been used to that. Or maybe it's just too much 'gray skies' lately and too many other things on my mind....

I wonder if I can leave a hug for Goofy and tell her that we miss her.

Addy 02-11-2012 12:00 AM

I wonder if hippiechick could use this hug of understanding :hug: ... you've gone through a lot in silence, friend... :grouphug:

I wonder at your powers Lonely1 :eek:
I watched The River, too.
I'm watching far too much tv these days....

I'm wondering if I'm at a standstill right now... and need to get motivated...

I wonder that you all should know I'm doing very well, though :)

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Alffeee :)!!

thelonely1 02-12-2012 11:32 PM

Well speaking of my powers lol,

I wonder if I can share another strange experiance. I was driving home tonight and decided to test and see if I could make a light shut of by focusing on it. So I stared at one, and after a couple of seconds it shut off!!! I understand that it could be a coincidence but it'd have to be a pretty freaking big one!

I wonder that I tried to do it again but couldn't. :( Although one I wasn't focusing on did shut off, and a different one that was already off flickered on. So that means it happened to me three times in a 6.8 mile drive.

Also, I wonder that while I was in Wal-Mart on Saturday, an old man on an electric scooter couldn't get it to move. Then when I walked up behind him it turned back on. He started to drive away, and when he got about 20 feet away it shut off again. If I'm not a SLIder then these are a lot of coincidences.

I wonder if Doody knows how glad I am that she posted that article; this is the closest I've ever been to special... or even remotely interesting. :o

I wonder how good it is to hear from Addy, and get the check in from Goofy.

I wonder if Hippiechick knows she can share anything she wants with us.

I wonder if I can stop talking now...

Lara 02-13-2012 06:55 AM

I wonder if I can tell hippiechick that I understand her feelings (as best I can) regarding the sharing "out loud".

I wonder about Addy and how wonderful it is that she can spend time with her grand-daughter. Such happy posts. I think we all come to a standstill from time to time. It will pass I'm sure. :hug:

I wonder about Koala.

I wonder about Barbo and am not sure I understand about you having an accident that brought on the vertigo? How's that vertigo today. Mine is good this week, but it's a day to day thing for me. I have to live around it unfortunately. I just hope you've been able to get to the bottom of it fast so you don't have it any longer.

I wonder about Moi and Moss and family.

I wonder about dearest Wish. My thoughts have been with her from a distance the past couple of days.

I wonder about Tamiloo and her recovery. Keep moving!

I wonder about David and about putting our thoughts out here where it's not so private and then worrying about it later. I do the same thing. I wrote something on a thread elsewhere last night and I'm a little sorry I did.<sigh> It was about my father. I neglected to write because at the time I just couldn't... that after all the suffering he experienced as a POW during the second world war, that he came home, married my mother, had me, mother died and father was hit and killed by a car on a pedestrian crossing. I mean to say, after all that he'd been though. All that courage and surviving and bang. Why would I be racing around worrying about preparing for potential war driven disasters? :confused:

I wonder what's cooking at wren's house?

I wonder how nice it is to see our Doody posting here of late.

I wonder if I can ask Lonely1 to just keep talking.

I wonder a heap about loss. I wonder about our Goofy and how much loss she's been dealing with.

I wonder if I can tell Alffe and Mr. Alffe that I often listen to the Dalai Lama. I must admit he's one of my favourite people. Often comes to stay at a retreat in the Hinterland near me. Recently I've been reading/listening to "The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality". Astounding.

I wonder about coconut oil? Alffe you can buy coconut oil in the health store sure. Eat a lot of coconut products myself. I even know how to crack a coconut with a machete and grind it to pulp. Great therapy. lol I make my own coconut milk for my curries.

I wonder at my sadness with the passing of Whitney Houston. Ugh.

I wonder especially tonight about all us motherless daughters. <sigh> (and fatherless too).

Quote:

There is an emptiness inside of me -- a void that will never be filled. No one in your life will ever love you as your mother does. There is no love as pure, unconditional and strong as a mother's love. And I will never be loved that way again.
Hope Edelman
From Motherless Daughters: The Legacy of Loss