NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Food that calls your name (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/164782-food-calls-name.html)

Blessings2You 02-11-2012 10:34 AM

Food that calls your name

Are there foods that, if you have them on hand, they keep yelling your name until you go eat them?

Now, I like ALL food: veggies, meat, dessert, bread, candy, fish, eggs, you name it. Canned soup. Whatever.

Most things I can leave alone when I should. Even my Dove dark chocolate I can parcel out, two or three a day, and not go back for more. No, really!

But there are three foods that just won't give me any peace:

Pizza. If there is a pizza in the freezer, it won't stay there three days.

Ice cream. Just knowing it's in there drives me crazy. It's all I can think about until I go get some.

Chocolates/truffles. Not just chocolate candy, but actual chocolates in a box, or Lindor truffles. It's like I can hear them calling me....

*Thought of one more: watermelon

mrsD 02-11-2012 10:51 AM

Shrimp and lobster...scream my name!

Like you I can be satisfied with a little dark chocolate.

Peanuts are moderate callers.
And I really like gummy life savers, but had to give them up
because of the sugar and fructose --I can't tolerate them at all, anymore. sigh

I do love pizza however. We get one a week, and that leaves 2 days of left overs! LOL The place near us makes a nice gourmet pizza without sauce...uses fresh tomatoes as a garnish. It is called Mediterranian ..lots of basil and rosemary, spices. Chicken and feta and mozzerella. Garlic crust. It is really really good!

Kitty 02-11-2012 11:29 AM

In the summer....watermelon. Can't get enough of it. Also fresh veggies like kale, cabbage, squash, zucchini and okra. I crave them year round but summer is the best time to have them while they're in season.

In the winter.....fresh popcorn. Nothing on it. No salt. No butter. I love it just freshly popped and still warm. Pizza is a favorite for me but it has to be a veggie thin crust with light sauce.....and well done.

Anytime.......coffee ice cream. Can't resist it! :o

barb02 02-11-2012 04:22 PM

Today -- coconut, macadamia, chocolate chip cookies. I bought them at the bakery at the store this morning. I have "only" eaten one so far:rolleyes:

Potato chips and dip -- I can't buy them or I will eat the entire bag in a few days.

karilann 02-11-2012 06:08 PM

Anything with sugar in it will not stay in my house long. I could eat a cheese cake all by myself :rolleyes:

SallyC 02-11-2012 08:56 PM

Pasta, with all sauces!!!

TwoKidsTwoCats 02-12-2012 03:16 AM

Almond Joys... 'nough said. :D

TheSleeper 02-12-2012 08:33 AM

I can and will eat just about anything!

I buy frozen pizzas a half dozen at a time.

Home made pot pies, chicken or beef don`t last here.

Rice in large quantities, mixed with chicken or beef and a bag of mixed vegetables.

Pumpkin pie! With frozen cool whip!

An oven roasted chicken and vegetables or salad.

Roast beef with potatoes, carrots, onions, turnips, celery.

Large quantities don`t scare me, I like left overs, the microwave is my friend!

ANNagain 02-12-2012 04:32 PM

A good cheddar - sharp and white. I don't know why I don't like orange cheddar.

A good Black diamond from Canada or English Seaside or Cabot's (Vermont) extra sharp.

Yum. Best at room temperature.

Real mashed potatoes w homemade mushroom gravy. I sometimes ask for this on my birthday.

And oddly for me, Turkey or Buffalo jerky from Trader Joe's. I think it's the protein thing. I get tired of the dairy, fish nuts & beans or need some protein fast because w/o it my MS symptoms get worse. Yah, that's my excuse.

aussiemom 02-12-2012 04:58 PM

Snickers. Had my own stash at Halloween when it went BOGO

pizza.

Chocolate anything.