NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Sending a text to the wrong person and wrong words. (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/165224-sending-text-wrong-person-wrong-words.html)

SpaceCadet 02-19-2012 04:09 PM

Sending a text to the wrong person and wrong words.

This is something new to me. I've been sending text messages to the wrong people (so embarrassing) and I'm also writing the wrong words when I text and reply to or create threads. For instance, I was trying to tell my ex-fiance about something weird that happened to me last night and I ended up sending it to my mom. I'm usually careful about things like that lol. Also I will write stuff on here and when I proof-read i'll find that I've completely swapped out words that don't even fit...like "So I went to the tonight last night" or something like that. I usually catch it in the act, not when I read over it before sending/posting.

Frustrating. I've always prided myself on good spelling and writing skills.

Oh well!!! :)

SpaceCadet 02-19-2012 05:46 PM

I hope one day I don't send a "Brett Favre" to the wrong person, hahaha.

Eowyn 02-19-2012 06:09 PM

Um, I can think of an EASY way to prevent that from happening: don't take pics like that??

:) :) :)

SpaceCadet 02-19-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eowyn (Post 853451)
Um, I can think of an EASY way to prevent that from happening: don't take pics like that??

:) :) :)

Hahaha, too funny.

Thank you for the kind advice.

:winky::D:rolleyes::p

Eowyn 02-19-2012 06:43 PM

Maybe Brett Favre had undiagnosed PCS! That explains EVERYTHING!!!!

LOL

SpaceCadet 02-19-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eowyn (Post 853470)
Maybe Brett Favre had undiagnosed PCS! That explains EVERYTHING!!!!

LOL

Haha, maybe. I just hope he doesn't accidentally send one to me.

I'll have to refer him to a neurologist for an evaluation!!!

Eowyn 02-19-2012 07:54 PM

Seriously, I have noticed too that I make a lot more typos, misspeak more when talking, and just have trouble finding the words I want. I'm an English teacher, and this is NOT an area I'm used to struggling with.

Kenjhee 02-19-2012 09:04 PM

You should see some of my emails. Even I didn't know I knew words like that.

xxxxcrystalxxxx 02-19-2012 11:07 PM

I have the same issues. Its frustrating. I started words with friends and that is helping my spelling. English and reading was my strongpoint...now not so much.

annamoore 02-19-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxxcrystalxxxx (Post 853569)
I have the same issues. Its frustrating. I started words with friends and that is helping my spelling. English and reading was my strongpoint...now not so much.

Yup it sure is frustrating not having words at your fingertips like you are used to. I play in a band and the other day heard myself singing 'how could luch a sovely girl give me love?'.......(supposed to be 'how could such a lovely girl give me love?') It is frustrating but you do get some funny moments - and laughter is golden with PCS isn't it!!