NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   scheduled to have phenol ablation of the greater occipital nerve (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/165266-scheduled-phenol-ablation-occipital-nerve.html)

wilsonfirst 02-20-2012 10:27 AM

scheduled to have phenol ablation of the greater occipital nerve

i'm not able to type this, so my friend is. I had brain surgery many years ago for an AVM hemorrage illness (right now my head is hurting from trying to read & think) . A few months ago i fell and hit the same area of the brain that they removed the AVM (where my skull was bolted back together) now my symptoms are concussion, PCS, headaches, anxiety, depression, PTSD, tinitius, and taking 9 different medications throughout the day, and complicated by a torn rotator cuff (which hasn't been repaired yet because of the head injury) and more (can't think of them all right now). I have constant headaches and now the doctors want to try the phenol ablation of the greater occipital nerve. has anyone had this done and what were your results??? thank you for helping me and may God Bless to everyone out there suffering as I am!!

Klaus 02-20-2012 03:14 PM

Sorry that's all too technical for me, but didn't want to leave you without any answers to your post and thinking noone cares! Really hope it all goes well and you see some improvements.

ginnie 02-20-2012 05:13 PM

Hello Wilson

I want to welcome you to Neuro Talk. This site is a good place for information. I do not know of your particular problem with this up coming proceedure, but someone will in time be able to address your concerns. I am sorry you are going through so much with your health. I came here almost two years ago in a high state of fear and anxiety and I just never left! I found a good group of people who have helped me all along deal with my health conditions. I am here to say hello and weclome you warmly to NT. Sometimes it is possible to google the particular proceedure and get information that way too. Someone will be here to help. I wish you all the best. ginnie

wilsonfirst 02-21-2012 08:47 AM

Thank You

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klaus (Post 853771)
Sorry that's all too technical for me, but didn't want to leave you without any answers to your post and thinking noone cares! Really hope it all goes well and you see some improvements.

It is very hard for me to read. I wanted to thank you for your words and your quote. God Bless!

wilsonfirst 02-21-2012 08:49 AM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginnie (Post 853812)
I want to welcome you to Neuro Talk. This site is a good place for information. I do not know of your particular problem with this up coming proceedure, but someone will in time be able to address your concerns. I am sorry you are going through so much with your health. I came here almost two years ago in a high state of fear and anxiety and I just never left! I found a good group of people who have helped me all along deal with my health conditions. I am here to say hello and weclome you warmly to NT. Sometimes it is possible to google the particular proceedure and get information that way too. Someone will be here to help. I wish you all the best. ginnie

Thank you for your advice. My friend is so helpful in reading for me and helping me understand. God Bless!