NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Trigeminal Neuralgia (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/)
-   -   Possible Trigeminal Nerve? (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/165315-trigeminal-nerve.html)

lreeves 02-21-2012 09:38 AM

Possible Trigeminal Nerve?

I haven't been diagnosed with TN yet, but my dr thinks it may be possible. So, I hope I am not wasting anyone's time, but was wanting your input on this. I had an endoscopy in Dec. 2006 and 24 hours after the procedure I got a headache. I have had headaches constantly since that time. Many drs have diagnosed me with TMJ, and I have worn braces for the last 4 years along with injections in jaw. I have also been treated for migraines with many different meds. The meds work sometimes, but not always. And they usually make me sick which is not good if I am looking at TN. The pain is centered around my right ear, right temple, right eye, and sometimes my right nostril feels stuffed up. Most days it is a dull ache in my ear. When it flares, which is usually every 2 weeks or so, I get sharp pain shooting through my ear and eye and sometimes from the top of my head. I started seeing a specialized chiro about 2 years ago where he works on the atlas bone at the top of spine. What is weird is that after 6 months of seeing him I felt great. Then around Sept. of this year the pain returned. Now my dr feels I may have TN. Does this sound possible? Thank you so much for your thoughts!

Burntmarshmallow 02-21-2012 09:06 PM

welcome to you also lreeves
yes it sound very possible that it is T.N. The best way to know is see a neuro have an MRI and have the neuro rx your pain issue . and yes :( usually always meds are the first treatment for t.n.
also a few of my t.n sisters have had upper cranial adjustments and find marked relief. . is upper cranial adjustment some thing like what your chiro did ????
I hope I helped a little bit . and No asking questions is never a waste of time :hug:. if you have any more let us know ..we are here and will try to help.
:grouphug:
PEACE
BMW

lreeves 02-23-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow (Post 854218)
yes it sound very possible that it is T.N. The best way to know is see a neuro have an MRI and have the neuro rx your pain issue . and yes :( usually always meds are the first treatment for t.n.
also a few of my t.n sisters have had upper cranial adjustments and find marked relief. . is upper cranial adjustment some thing like what your chiro did ????
I hope I helped a little bit . and No asking questions is never a waste of time :hug:. if you have any more let us know ..we are here and will try to help.
PEACE
BMW

Thanks for responding. I have been referred to a neuro, but my appt. is for June - 3 months from now. The chiro I see specializes in the atlas bone. There is no popping of the neck, just a gentle pressure. We talked yesterday, and he has about 4 TN patients. One man was cured, but he has one lady that is suffering a great deal. My whole situation is weird. I have ahd 3 MRI's in 5 years, and nothing was ever found to be abnormal. My last was December 2010. Thanks again for your comments.

lreeves 02-23-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow (Post 854218)
PEACE
BMW

Thanks so much for replying to my post. I have an appt. with a neuro my dr recommended, and I won't be able to get in until June 5! Maybe that is a good sign. What is weird is I have already had 3 MRIs in the last 5 years and nothing looked abnormal. The chiro I see specializes in the atlas bone of the neck - no popping or twisting. He told me he has about 4 - 5 patients with TN. One man he cured! A woman patient is suffering greatly. Thanks again for your answers. I guess it will be a waiting game at this point. But, wow - what a horrible way to live.

sky2012 02-24-2012 08:04 PM

chronic tooth pain on upper right maxilla

i have been experiencing chronic dental neuralgia have been thru lyrica carbamazepine applying topical coumpounded always have pain

oral surgeon wants maxillary nerve block with steroid s i am very very scared what if pain becomes worse someone pls wite aabout their experience

Porcelina 03-16-2012 02:26 AM

Sounds like TN to me. Probably ATN (Type 2 or Atypical) as that's what I've recently been diagnosed with and I too have the constant headache and then the attacks of sharp pain. I get that dull ache in my ear too. If you google the trigeminal nerve and have a look at the picture you will see all the branches that go off (which do go to your temple, your sinus and nostril/nose, ear and jaw).