NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   This is the only place I come for whine and cheese (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/166224-whine-cheese.html)

Blessings2You 03-08-2012 05:26 PM

This is the only place I come for whine and cheese

I'm guessing that if I read a bunch of my previous posts, I'd see a LOT of whining and complaining.

I didn't get that from my parents. They were by no means martyrs, but they didn't moan and groan about their pains and woes. Like their daughter. At least lately.

But you know what? I virtually never post my aches and pains on Facebook. I don't go into graphic detail at church. I don't dump it on my kids. I TRY not to "woe is me" my husband to death.

I used to have "best friends" whose shoulders I could whine on. Most of them got sick of it. So I tend to shut up when it's the same old story.

Guess what: MS is pretty much the same old story, at least for me. I'm thankful for ALL the opportunities here; a place to get cheered up, a place to encourage someone else, a place to adjust my attitude, a place to find my perspective.

But I'm also very thankful that I have ONE PLACE I can whine and complain, and nobody tells me "all you do is whine and complain." It's really not all I do, but I guess I do tend to do it a lot here, where other people get it. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

offinthedistance 03-08-2012 05:29 PM

This is just the place to come and complain and whine to your hearts content I think.
Nobody's bleedin' listening anyway!!

kicker 03-08-2012 05:46 PM

We get it and can "take" it and who doesn't like wine?

SallyC 03-08-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 859169)
I'm thankful for ALL the opportunities here; a place to get cheered up, a place to encourage someone else, a place to adjust my attitude, a place to find my perspective.

But I'm also very thankful that I have ONE PLACE I can whine and complain, and nobody tells me "all you do is whine and complain." It's really not all I do, but I guess I do tend to do it a lot here, where other people get it. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

Yes I do !!!! :hug:

Oh, where's my cheese?

misshayleesmom 03-08-2012 09:02 PM

Whine all you want:hug:.. I totally get it..

You really do know who your friends are.. I mean since this attack and me not working.. (ER visit etc) I did post it on fb as my co-workers are "friends"..

Not one of them has called me to ask me how I am... maybe with the exception of 2 who said they would stop by for coffee.. guess what they never did come.. no surprise there..

So I find comfort in my family and other friends who love me unconditionally and here of course..I know when I'm having a tough day I won't be judged.

The couple times that I did have to pop in to work to drop off some paper work I was with my hubby I was walking with a cane.. my manager said what I wanted to hear( her cousin has ms) so I really thought that she would understand.. nope.. not a phone call. I almost felt like they didn't believe me.. like I wasn't limping enough..

So I say "screw em" I know who i can count on.. I was just a number anyway.

Oh yeah, I got a wheelchair today..

I'm okay with it..My spasms have worsened and now I have drop foot really bad.. I see pcp on tues.

On a lighter note.. I'm venturing out on Monday to see a performance of my fave singer/friend Johnny Reid .. We got an invite from his management so we will be on TV ..I'm bringing my chair a little nervous about that..I will be in front row.. then we will all go 30 women strong to brunch then we'll buy his CD..His previous CD have all turned double platinum.. I know.. he's like a teenage crush.. it's going to be fun.. hopefully we'll get to chat... but I'm a little scared of the looks not from him but from strangers..I will get used to it..

Thanks for letting me whine..
Cindy

mochagirl13 03-09-2012 09:38 AM

It's not really whining

I don't think anyone is whining or complaining. You are just stating the trials & tribulations that ms has put you through. People who haven't had a close encounter with ms mostly don't understand. Some people do but not all. People don't understand when I tell them I can't afford the medicines or that I don't like to make social plans too far in advance. I never know how I am going to feel day to day. MS is very individual and doesn't affect 2 people the same.

Just keep voicing your issues. It may help someone.:)

kicker 03-09-2012 10:11 AM

People think there is a magic pill or doctor out there for whatever ails you. Or look at Mystery Disease. Everything gets figured out neatly in an hour! And there are government safety nets for every problem, medical or financial. People can be so naive.

tkrik 03-09-2012 10:40 AM

B2Y - I totally get what you are saying. It such a good feeling to know that I can come on here and do some complaining and you all will understand. To complain to others is hard as they just don't understand and, unless they end up with MS, they never will. As my mom said, it is really hard for those without a chronic illness to understand what it is like living with a chronic illness and pain on a daily basis. She was a nurse and took care of a woman who had MS. She had small children too and really had a rough time accepting what she was going through. But, she told this woman the same thing and ask her pastor to come visit this woman as she really needed someone to talk to.

And, it's great to know that we are all in the same boat. We may not have the same symptoms and things like that, but we all understand.

EddieF 03-10-2012 08:23 PM

I'm eating popcorn sipping vodka & grape juice listening to my blues pandora station. Cheaper then wine er whine..

new2net98 03-18-2012 10:36 PM

Totally get this

:confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 859399)
People think there is a magic pill or doctor out there for whatever ails you. Or look at Mystery Disease. Everything gets figured out neatly in an hour! And there are government safety nets for every problem, medical or financial. People can be so naive.

Not a big announcer to friends & family either...suffer in silence, unless family or co-workers comment or find it necessary to take action.

Stopped any casual drinking...not using processed sugars & trying to do the "healthy" eating. Haven't gotten to start the magic daily journal thing; although, I suspect it would help (if only I could remember to buy the dang thing, lol).

Any suggestions on what would constitute a "Whine & Cheese" moment?

Not even sure why I am here...still no diagnosis...Neuro said, "we are on the "tip" of something..." whatever that means????