NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Having a major flare :( (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/166297-major-flare.html)

89danboy 03-09-2012 07:57 PM

Having a major flare :(

I was feeling great for the last 4 weeks,I took my medrol for 7 days during my last flare up,I haven't been sore or lying in bed for days like I usually do .I was golfing again " which I love ".then 2 days ago I woke up and everything came back at once .swelling, sweats headaches,vertigo exc.. I just got a letter from my lawyer .he wrote my employer and told them if he doesn't hear back from them in a week he was scheduling me for kettamine treatment with dr getson.I saw all there drs and even there dr said that I needed this treatment immediately .now there saying they want to find another dr in there network to do infusions.my lawyer is the best.hope I get my treatments soon. Hope all of you are feeling good and pain free.I'm zoo glad I can vent and hear from all of you as well :)

catra121 03-09-2012 09:23 PM

Very sorry to hear that you are having a rough time these past few days. Just goes to show that we really need to take advantage when we have those good days to really live our lives to the fullest (which is sounds like you have done). I will send good thoughts your way, hoping that you get those ketamine infusions very soon. The work comp system is SO hard on people with serious health problems because the "waiting" itself can be a culprit in making us worse. All the games they play...with the delays and everything. It really is ridiculous...and they get away with it. So sad. But fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long and that this flare is over quickly. Take care.

89danboy 03-09-2012 10:24 PM

Thankyou catra

It's crazy how you can feel soo horrible & someone sends u a nice message and you feel great inside for a moment.your the best catra big hugs ;) sorry to hear that you are having a rough time these past few days. Just goes to show that we really need to take advantage when we have those good days to really live our lives to the fullest (which is sounds like you have done). I will send good thoughts your way, hoping that you get those ketamine infusions very soon. The work comp system is SO hard on people with serious health problems because the "waiting" itself can be a culprit in making us worse. All the games they play...with the delays and everything. It really is ridiculous...and they get away with it. So sad. But fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long and that this flare is over quickly. Take care.[/QUOTE]

catra121 03-10-2012 03:50 AM

That's what we're here for, right? I know it helps me a lot when I am able to talk to and hear from people who really understand what it is like to go through what we all go through all the time. Here's hoping today is better than tomorrow and if it isn't then that the next day is. :)

alt1268 03-10-2012 02:28 PM

Workers comp makes it so difficult to get anything. (Meds, procedures even office visits) They instantly **** me off every time I need to go to the dr. or get a refill on my meds. I hope you get your answer and started feeling better.

Lisa in Ohio 03-18-2012 09:15 PM

Hi Danboy, so sorry about your flare. I have been in a major flare since a dog attacked me las Sunday. I am also blessed with dealing with W.C. That alone is a hate/hate situation. My doctor (Ohio) had not yet heard that Ketamine was in the U.S. and was doubtful W.C> would cover it. Please let me know how things work out for you. Lisa

alt1268 03-19-2012 06:57 AM

Lisa

My atty. told me he had a case where wc. here in Delaware was covering it. you may have to fight for it though. I know other people on here have had wc. covering it also.