NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Shoes (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/166425-shoes.html)

Kitty 03-12-2012 05:39 PM

Shoes

I miss being able to wear the shoes I used to wear. :( Heels and sandals. I used to have an embarrassing number of shoes. :o

I loved shoe shopping. When I worked I think I spent more money on shoes than clothes.

Now, my shoe wardrobe consists of:

2 pair of flat Sketcher Mary Janes (one black, 1 tan)
1 pair of Keds (white)
1 pair of Grasshoppers (kind of like keds) (navy blue)
1 pair of Clark's slip on sandal type (black)

I wear the Ked's and Grasshoppers almost exclusively.

I was just watching a commercial for cute summer sandals and thought "wow, I'd break my neck if I tried to walk in those!".

Blessings2You 03-12-2012 06:00 PM

I gave up wearing the "pretty" shoes years ago because of problems with my feet and ankles, but I have a boat load of "sensible" shoes that I can't wear anymore. I hold on to them because my feet change, but I gave quite a few to my granddaughter.

I have a couple pairs of Merrells that I wear if I have to dress up (very loosely speaking), otherwise I wear Crocs or my Teva sandals. Or boots, which are Merrell mocs.

I watch people prance around in those heels and think, "Well, there's a sprained ankle waiting to happen!"

TheSleeper 03-12-2012 06:04 PM

" I loved shoe shopping. " LOL, if you are female that is expected!

Kitty 03-12-2012 06:11 PM

I never wore really high heels.....like the stilettoes.....but maybe as high as 2 1/2". I'm already 5'7" so I couldn't wear them too high.

I tried on some of my work shoes that I still had a year or so ago and found that I could not walk in them. I packed them up and donated them.....but it was hard to do. I know.....I should be thankful that I have shoes to wear even if they are "sensible".....and I am thankful for them. But I used to love to get a pedicure and be able to wear the strappy, open-toed cute summer shoes.

Dressing up now has a totally different meaning (and look) to me now. :o

SallyC 03-12-2012 07:23 PM

Shoes used to be my big thing too. I never wore the spiky ones either, because comfort was always important....Beauty with comfort.:)

When I dressed up, I DRESSed up.. never wore slacks on a date. Of course, I was dating in the late 50s to mid 60s, when wearing a dress was in..LOL.

Dressing up now is a new pair of pull on slacks, tee, blouse and a pair of slip on shoesys.:D

TwoKidsTwoCats 03-13-2012 12:08 AM

I have always been about comfort with my shoes. Sneakers, loafers and simple dress shoes. I even wore ballet slippers with my wedding dress. I would have been barefooted, but it was Dec 28th! :D

.....oh, and I hate shoe shopping with a passion.:Head-Spin: LOL

mochagirl13 03-13-2012 08:36 AM

I refuse to get rid of my heels. I pray some day to just be able to stand in them. I find (few) cute flats so I'm a sneakers gal now and in the summer it's either flip flops or very low heeled sandals, we're talking 1/2 inch.:(

Debbie D 03-13-2012 09:38 AM

I hate shoe shopping too...mainly because I take an 11N, almost impossible to find except for Nordstrom's.
I'm 5'9" so stilletos were out, even with DH standing at 6'2"...he misses me in heels, because I'm afraid to wear any over 1 1/2"...it's sad the fun things we've given up:(

Nanc 03-13-2012 12:54 PM

Like all of you, I miss my shoes :(

At the moment I am in sneakers because of a foot problem. Before I got married, my best friend would come visit me and we'd shop mostly for shoes...so much that we got in tight with a shoe store manager, oh the deals! Loved shoes so much! My family called me Imelda Marcos because I had so many LOL! I am 5'9", so I didn't wear anything very high.

A couple of years ago I switched to wearing Danskos at the doctors recommendation, now they hurt my feet! I hate shopping for shoes now :(

I look at the styles out now and know that I would fall off of them and hurt myself!

Kitty 03-13-2012 01:10 PM

I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I can't wear most of the new shoe fashions that are out there now. I couldn't afford it! :p