NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Return of dizziness, headaches and extreme fatigue. (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/166535-return-dizziness-headaches-extreme-fatigue.html)

SpaceCadet 03-14-2012 05:45 PM

Return of dizziness, headaches and extreme fatigue.

Yikes...just got back from a little walk with my girl and kids. I got dizzy almost soon as we stepped outside. We had to take quite a few sitting breaks. My head also started pounding about halfway through the walk. By the time we got back home (10-15 minutes ago), I was BEAT tired. I've been laying here since we got back, trying to shake the tiredness but it won't go away and I can't fall asleep lol.

I know these are common symptoms but I haven't experienced these symptoms in months. So, I figured it was worth writing home about.

So, for those of you that suffer from dizziness, headaches and extreme fatigue...I know how you feel now!!!

Nick

EsthersDoll 03-14-2012 06:20 PM

Hi Nick,

I experience all of those symptoms on an all too regular basis.

I get two kinds of headaches, one I am familiar with from before the accident, called a tension headache. The second type feels like my brain is struggling too hard. The latter I take as a warning that I'm trying to do too much and I slow down or rest once I start to feel it.

I also take dizziness as a sign that I'm overdoing it.

And fatigue it yet a third signal that overdone it and that I need to rest.

If you feel those at the top of a walk again, I recommend that you try to pace yourself and the energy you have for the rest of the day instead of going on the walk. I have found that doing that for myself helps me to not push myself too far in a day.

When I trust those signs when they come and don't push myself too far for longer periods of time, I do better cognitively. When I do better cognitively, I feel better emotionally. And maybe that will work for you too. :)

Mark in Idaho 03-14-2012 06:42 PM

So, what has changed lately besides having your 'girl' and her 2 year old and your 9 month old move back in with you yesterday?

Sounds like you probably have had a busy day and last night.

Are you capable of tolerating 9 people in that apartment?

SpaceCadet 03-14-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 861010)
So, what has changed lately besides having your 'girl' and her 2 year old and your 9 month old move back in with you yesterday?

Sounds like you probably have had a busy day and last night.

Are you capable of tolerating 9 people in that apartment?

Well, besides her and the kids moving back in which added to the chaos that already was this apartment? Hmm...yesterday I got frustrated with her son and that took a toll on me. I also did a lot of work around the house the other day...cooking and helping with the kids. I was a space cadet by bed time.

She's being understanding of my limits and respecting me when I tell her that I'm "overloaded" and need a break. Which is all I ever wanted from her.

To answer your question, no, I wasn't able to handle it when there was only 6 people here lol. We are working on getting out on our own again. That would require her to get steady income. We have a plan.

I'll keep you up to date.