NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Copaxone every other day? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/166749-copaxone-day.html)

Blessings2You 03-19-2012 06:21 AM

Copaxone every other day?

Back a year or two ago there was talk about a study or studies either being done or having been done concerning taking Copaxone on a less than daily basis. Some were saying every other day, some three or four times a week, etc.

Has anyone heard any updates on that? I've only found reports from people who had put themselves on a schedule without input from their neurologists.

I've been on a "break" from Copaxone for a few months. I was having severe anxiety symptoms which coincidentally (?) went away when I stopped taking the shots for a while. I've tried twice to start up again. I keep wondering if gradually re-introducing it would make a difference, or if I'm daydreaming.

Lynn 03-19-2012 07:43 AM

Hi B2Y

I really don't know - is some better than none??? Whichever way it goes, I hope you find something that helps you.

Lyn

Dejibo 03-19-2012 08:20 AM

I did it every other day for about a month, and then realized...I just dont want to do this anymore, and laid down my needles. I felt dramatically better. The MD was mad, and has been trying hard to get me to go back on the meds, but....I feel so much better off them...im not going back.

I hope you feel better. :hug:

Kitty 03-19-2012 08:29 AM

I really wish these M.D.'s would realize the same med is not going to work the same in everyone. Just because it made miraculous improvements in one person doesn't mean it will in all of us. If that were the case why is there more than one DMD on the market? If you feel better without it I believe your body is trying to tell you something.

I've started listening to my own body and feel tons better for it. Makes the doctor mad but he's not the one with MS! :p

missj 03-19-2012 01:54 PM

I have been on C eod for quite some time now. thankfully stable.

Blessings2You 03-19-2012 02:14 PM

Maybe I'll call Shared Solutions and see what they say about every other day.

Kitty 03-19-2012 02:17 PM

They'll tell you to take it every day. It's more profitable for them if you use it all up each month.

Blessings2You 03-19-2012 02:33 PM

Good point.

NurseNancy 03-22-2012 04:42 PM

i wonder if these reactions are actually a form of sensitivity or allergy.
you can be on a med and tolerate it fine, then develop an allergy, even tho it's more common for the allergy to happen right away. ummmm?

SallyC 03-22-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseNancy (Post 863154)
i wonder if these reactions are actually a form of sensitivity or allergy.
you can be on a med and tolerate it fine, then develop an allergy, even tho it's more common for the allergy to happen right away. ummmm?

Yes I wasn't allergic to anything until MS, now I've developed allergies to some ABs....so it can happen.. Thanks.:hug: