NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Fun cat toy --suggestion: (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/166861-fun-cat-toy-suggestion.html)

mrsD 03-21-2012 06:00 AM

Fun cat toy --suggestion:

I found this on Amazon recently and added it to my latest order.

Houdini and Weezie love it. We already have a donut track which just goes around... and they still play with that. Oreo couldn't be bothered! ;)

But this track is so nifty... I am going to get a second and connect them. Not really expensive...available on Amazon for about $13.00 for the basic one shown in this YouTube.
Easy to assemble, and quite clever IMO.

Easy to put together, nice looking and both our cats are having fun with it. I have it in a ? pattern, so one kitty pushes the ball on one end, and the other returns it. The ends are designed to return the ball anyway, which gives it a "real live" quality of movement.

This video shows the track without the covers, used outside.
This is two sets hooked together.
Still fun:

Lara 03-21-2012 01:47 PM

What a great cat toy. Thanks for posting that. Gorgeous cats too!
We should all become inventors.

Kitty 03-21-2012 02:45 PM

I've got one similar to that but it's just a circle....and you can't change the shape. My cats play with it periodically. More so if I hide it for a while and then reintroduce it to them. Kind of like kids with toys!

mrsD 03-21-2012 03:03 PM

Houdini is a toy maven!

She learned the word "toy" months ago.

I can talk on the phone and say toy, and she appears!

If I call TOY... she will come. Granted I played with her alot when she was little. She was so active and used to being outside, I felt compelled to do so.

She loves the plastic springs from Amazon... now about $2.00 for 10 of them! So I got her a new bunch with this order too.;)
I hope they are not discontinuing them... as they are her favorite.

Kitty 03-21-2012 03:29 PM

My cats have some of those spring toys! I moved the couch a week or so ago and found most of them underneath it!! Panda will take one in her mouth and then throw her head backwards while letting go of the toy causing it to fly up in the air. She's so funny to watch when she's playing with them.

Lara 03-23-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 862896)

Wow. What a great site. Thanks so much.

Wren 03-24-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 862893)
I've got one similar to that but it's just a circle....and you can't change the shape. My cats play with it periodically. More so if I hide it for a while and then reintroduce it to them. Kind of like kids with toys!

I have - well, had - the same circular toy as Kitty. When mine were just kittiens they loved it but didn't touch it after they 'grew up'. I wonder if they would like it now.

mrsD 03-24-2012 03:19 PM

We have the plastic donut with the ping pong ball in it.
It is about 10 yrs old or more by now!

Both Weez and Houdini still play with it, but not since the new
track came! ;)

Wren 03-24-2012 03:29 PM

Peaches and Badcat want cardboard boxes --- BIG cardboard boxes.
I think I might have to buy a refrigerator :p

And, of all things, Badcat loves a 7' step ladder .... He flies up and then works very hard getting down ...... then flies back up

Lara 03-24-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wren (Post 863686)
Peaches and Badcat want cardboard boxes --- BIG cardboard boxes.
I think I might have to buy a refrigerator :p

LOL Wren. That reminds me of when my ex-husband and I first married and moved into our first house. I hadn't made any curtains yet, but we did buy a new refrigerator so we just used the cardboard as a screen on the living room windows until I made the curtains. :rolleyes: