NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Namenda? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/166993-namenda.html)

musicgirl757 03-23-2012 04:38 PM

Namenda?

Is anybody else taking namenda or has taken namenda? If so, what is your experience with it? Any side effects has it helped you with pain, sensitivity, both or had no effect?

AintSoBad 03-23-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicgirl757 (Post 863447)
Is anybody else taking namenda or has taken namenda? If so, what is your experience with it? Any side effects has it helped you with pain, sensitivity, both or had no effect?

Hello,
Took it for years @ bedtime, can't say I ever felt a difference.......

Pete

daylilyfan 03-23-2012 08:39 PM

try doing a search in this forum for Namenda, or the generic term (memantine? something like that. I know I have been on it in the past, and so has fmichael. The first doc to put me on it had me work up to 30 units - think it is mg. - and that helped more than the doc who has me on 20 per day now.

For me, it helps my brain fogginess, memory etc. plus, helps the pain meds work when I do take them. Normally, traditional pain meds have very little effect on my pain. With the namenda at least I can tell I took something, even at 20mg.

if you search google for "namenda memantine RSD CRPS" you should come up with a couple medical articles talking about it's use.

Edited to add - I have lots of side effects from all kinds of medication - but I don't have any to namenda.

Eight 03-11-2016 03:33 PM

Namenda 28 mg at night
Memantine 10 mg 1-3 times per day

Amazing!

RSD ME 03-12-2016 10:03 PM

i've never heard of it. is it a new drug used to treat rsd? i take gabapentin and a strong pain med that my pm dr prescribes to help manage a rsd pain a little better.

Always_Believe 03-12-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSD ME (Post 1204043)
i've never heard of it. is it a new drug used to treat rsd? i take gabapentin and a strong pain med that my pm dr prescribes to help manage a rsd pain a little better.

It is a medication commonly used to treat dementia, most often due to Alzheimer's. Recently, they have been using it to treat neuropathic pain. Not sure of the effectiveness or dosing.

Eight - memantine is the generic for Namenda...seems odd that they have you on both brand and generic.

momofrsdsjk 03-14-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicgirl757 (Post 863447)

Hi my daughter started this medication in January 2016 and it has made a difference in the types of pain, duration and improved her memory. I am praying that the drug continues to help even this much. She has had RSD for almost 10 years.

Take care and God bless

Barb