NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Got my appt for MRI..you've got to be kidding me! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/167027-appt-mri-youve-kidding.html)

misshayleesmom 03-24-2012 12:26 PM

Got my appt for MRI..you've got to be kidding me!

PCP's office called with my appt for my MRI... my ms clinic is May 3... my MRI appt is get this...AUGUST 19,2012!! I mean really... why not book it for XMAS???

Told his office that my appt for the clinic was may 3.. and can i be put on a cancellation list...she gave me the phone number..said i could call..

I'm ticked but would rather get all the testing at the neuro's office anyway.. just my opinion... so i don't have to deal with these incompetant people.

My skin hurts... I'm in so much pain with the spasticity i can't stand it!!

Counting the days till may 3

SallyC 03-24-2012 12:32 PM

Sheesh what a horrible system that has you all waiting for healthcare.:(

Good luck and good wishes.:hug:

Dejibo 03-24-2012 04:26 PM

my girlfriend was in a car accident in ottawa, and it took almost a year to get her MRI that showed 3 broken bones in her neck. it took another 6 months to get to see the surgeon, who booked her "emergency surgery" 2 months later. It was really scary for her to think one wrong move and she would be paralyzed, but she was on every emergency list there was.

I am so sorry you have to wait. its frustrating. :hug:

karilann 03-24-2012 04:30 PM

OMG! So sorry you have to wait. My doc ordered an MRI and my appointment was 2 days later.

Big hugs to our friends in Canada who have these issues with their healthcare. :hug:

ginnie 03-24-2012 04:32 PM

Hi misshay

Sorry the wait is so long. I know how frustrating that can be when a person is in pain. Maybe ask the PCP to see if he can get the date advanced, it would be worth a call to ask for his intervention? Hope you get in sooner than that. ginnie

Kitty 03-24-2012 04:50 PM

Good grief! Like Karilann, I was seen in 2 days. And mine wasn't even an emergency. In fact, the lady at the imaging center called me on my cell phone while I was on my way home from the Neuro to book my MRI and I had to call her back once I could get home, look at my calendar, and know when I could get there!

I am so sorry you have to wait. That's just not right.

misshayleesmom 03-24-2012 07:47 PM

I've been dealing with this since Dec my pcp could have called it in then.. but then he waited ...it would have been done a lot sooner..

Healthcare in Canada is horrid.. at least in this city it does.

I know back home in windsor, ontario you can get an MRI maybe 3-4 wks later..

The receptionists in my docs office are catty women who if they don't like you or if you complain they don't always call you back with appts..

jacksonsmommy 03-25-2012 10:17 PM

I went through the same thing. I had an 8 month wait list to get my MRI.

Other than the cancellation list, the only suggestion I can make is going the private route. I belive it is usally in the $1,500 range for a private MRI. If you do go the private route make sure you talk to the neuro first to get the specs they want for the MRI. You don't want to spend the money and then find out it wasn't what the doctors were looking for!