NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Tarlov Cyst (https://www.neurotalk.org/tarlov-cyst/)
-   -   Tarlov Cyst Surgery (https://www.neurotalk.org/tarlov-cyst/168072-tarlov-cyst-surgery.html)

amy93stang 04-12-2012 11:46 PM

Tarlov Cyst Surgery

I had surgery 12-5-2012 for Tarlov Cyst with Dr. Feigenbaum in Kansas City. I had 5 giant cyst in my sacral area. One was removed and 4 drained and wrapped with a bovine heart. If anyone has question email me.

samsonjake 06-08-2012 06:54 PM

help

I too, have just been diagnosed with 5 cysts. I am in the process of hearing that there's basically nothing that I can do except to learn psychological coping methods. I'm currently on celebrex, requip and tramadol. I took Lysine today as well. My husband, bless is heart, has been a crusader in this in the last 72 hours and came across your surgeon. What advice can you give me? I have 3 little ones and i'm only 37. I'm frustrated, mad, feel defeated, while at the same time ...I feel elated that I"M NOT CRAZY!!! These took 5 years to finally diagnose. It's been decided that I've had these for around 20 years. I would love to hear about your surgery and any advice you can give me! thanks so much! Shelly

Angela King 07-06-2012 12:06 PM

Tarlov cyst

I have been diagnosed with a large Tarlov cyst in my sacral area which is causing severe pain and discomfort in my lower legs - particularly bad in my right leg, with numbness from the knee to the toes. I would like to have surgery. Amy, was this surgery expensive? I live in UK.

gwen0725 07-13-2012 10:42 AM

hey there

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy93stang (Post 869347)
I had surgery 12-5-2012 for Tarlov Cyst with Dr. Feigenbaum in Kansas City. I had 5 giant cyst in my sacral area. One was removed and 4 drained and wrapped with a bovine heart. If anyone has question email me.

Thank you for posting. I live in NC, May I ask where you live? And the process for Dr. Feigenbaum?

yoganana 07-13-2012 03:47 PM

doc in this area?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwen0725 (Post 897170)
Thank you for posting. I live in NC, May I ask where you live? And the process for Dr. Feigenbaum?

I am in NC too - do you know Docs in our state; I am at beginning of Tarlov journey, so not even thinking surgery, just want someone knowledgable to manage pain while I pursue alternative therapies.

Silver 08-18-2012 07:18 PM

Cysts, different kinds?

I also have Tarlov cysts, but others named and not named inside my spinial cord. Two days agao they found cycts in my kidneys also, not named just kidney cycts. Any idea why people get these or have multiples of different cycts and in different places? After reading they can come back and cause more to develope I decided not to do surgery, plus I have alot of other issues - tumors - any advise

vibewise 09-15-2012 05:36 PM

Tarlov Cyst surgery

Quote:

Hi Amy,

My sister has been diagnosed with a tarlov cyst, which is causing her debilitating pain and I'm wondering how your surgery went and if all is well with you post operation. I had read that draining/aspirating these cysts is often ineffective in that they fill up again shortly thereafter, so I'm wondering if yours have stayed drained.

Thanks for posting and inviting others to reach out to you.

Regards,
Lisa

bobiJ 09-15-2012 07:48 PM

tarlov cyst

Quote:

I have 2 Tarlov cysts, and waiting to be scheduled for surgery with Dr. Feigenbaum in Dallas. Long wait, about one month and did not get scheduled yet. Did surgery helped you? and how long was recovery time.

Rob64 10-08-2012 07:55 AM

I have them

Just got news I have these cyst i am so angery not sure what to do i want to go back to being myself active could some one tell me how does the surgery work I have read mixed things bad or goodi did it work
Thank you
Rob

bobiJ 10-14-2012 06:22 AM

surgery

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob64 (Post 920776)
Just got news I have these cyst i am so angery not sure what to do i want to go back to being myself active could some one tell me how does the surgery work I have read mixed things bad or goodi did it work
Thank you
Rob

Rob, will have surgery next week with Dr. F. in Dallas. I hope it will go well and I will be without pain. bobiJ:)