NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   DDS cancelled my appointment with their doc (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/168418-dds-cancelled-appointment-doc.html)

ladydeedee 04-19-2012 10:04 AM

DDS cancelled my appointment with their doc

Hi all. I re-applied for disability in January. I was more informed and prepared. I submitted all of my medical records as well as mental rfc form with my application. I was called a couple of weeks ago by DDS saying that I needed to see their doctor in order to make a decision. My appointment is tomorrow. I was just called by DDS ajudicator today saying they cancelled my appointment and they will be making a decision now. Omg. What does that mean? Does this sound like a good sign? I know nothing is concrete. I'm so anxious right now. What do you all think about it?

finz 04-23-2012 03:22 AM

I don't want to give you false hope, LDD, but I would think that's a good sign.

If they thought your application was borderline or inclusive enough to warrant an exam by their doc, I would think they would need to have documention from him finding no disability to cover their butts before denying you. I would think canceling your appointment meant they found something more conclusive in your records or received more records on you that swayed them in the "right" direction.

Of course, this is the government, so logic might not apply ;)

I hope that you get word on a decision soon. I know how frustrating the waiting can be.

ladydeedee 04-23-2012 03:50 PM

Thanks Finz. I know nothing is guaranteed. I spoke to my ajudicator today and she said that they finally received records from my eye doctor as well as the hospital. She then told me that their doctors are reviewing my records as we were speaking and they will be making a decision then. The local office worker said they will know tomorrow what their decision and she will call them for me to find out. I'm freaking out.

QUOTE=finz;872556]I don't want to give you false hope, LDD, but I would think that's a good sign.

If they thought your application was borderline or inclusive enough to warrant an exam by their doc, I would think they would need to have documention from him finding no disability to cover their butts before denying you. I would think canceling your appointment meant they found something more conclusive in your records or received more records on you that swayed them in the "right" direction.

Of course, this is the government, so logic might not apply ;)

I hope that you get word on a decision soon. I know how frustrating the waiting can be.[/QUOTE]