NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   trigeminal neuropathic pain- help please! (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/16854-trigeminal-neuropathic-pain-help-please.html)

janet 04-02-2007 10:52 PM

trigeminal neuropathic pain- help please!

Hi- I'm Janet from Tennessee - Health HXL
1) LL molar extraction in 2003 - I felt intense, severe pain when my tooth was "pulled"
2) late 2003 - X-ray of L mandible showed small FX
3) osteomyelitis of LL mandible with ABX almost one year, including IV X 6 wks
4) 45 TX in hyperbaric chamber in 2004
5) debridement of LL mandible to clear up debris from osteomyelitis
6) shingles (herpes zoster) on the 5th branch of the trigeminal nerve in 2004 - severe "suicide" pain
6) Botox therapy along the 5th branch trigeminal nerve in 2005 and 2006 (failure)
6) chiropractic TX, massage therapy, accupuncture therapy (failure)
7) In sept 2006 Dr Lee at Cleveland Clinic did an "endoscopic neurectory" of the affected nerve branch (failure)

Please help!

Chemar 04-03-2007 07:56 AM

welcome to NeuroTalk Janet

I see you found our TN forum and I do hope you will find lots of support and information from the members who post there

mark 06-10-2007 12:12 AM

Try The Zotrix...walgreen's, Then Try The Oral Homeopathic "spigelia" That's What We Are Doing And Your Records Are The Reason Why No Mvd Here.... We Did Gamma Kife 2 Years Ago, Tn Came Back,... I Will Let You Know....all Tn Sufferers Are In Our Prayers,,, Mark

badsurgery 04-03-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 85381)
welcome to NeuroTalk Janet

I see you found our TN forum and I do hope you will find lots of support and information from the members who post there

Janet,

Something similar happened during implant surgery and an ENT/Oral surgeon helped me with Neurontin etc. The Dentist had nicked a nerve and the pain was excruciating for 6 months but finally subsided. There's no doubt that you have something similar and need to be on nerve meds. If you wish, contact me and I'll try to recall more.

(Broken Wings) 04-04-2009 03:16 AM

"spigelia" do you know what that is?

TN is bad pain. I'm sorry you both have dealt with that. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 111115)
Try The Zotrix...walgreen's, Then Try The Oral Homeopathic "spigelia" That's What We Are Doing And Your Records Are The Reason Why No Mvd Here.... We Did Gamma Kife 2 Years Ago, Tn Came Back,... I Will Let You Know....all Tn Sufferers Are In Our Prayers,,, Mark

azoyizes 04-04-2009 03:35 PM

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...lcomeGroup.gif

Hi Janet, and welcome to NeuroTalk!

This is such a great place, with lots of friendly and caring people. :)

Darlene 04-05-2009 12:53 AM

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Great to see you have come to be with us. Just let us know if we can be of any help. We are all here to assist each other as possible.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene
:hug:

DM 04-07-2009 08:16 PM

Hello Janet and another welcome to NeuroTalk here. Glad to have you with us.

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...ey1aid1x33.jpg

FranksAngel 04-14-2009 05:33 PM

welcome to neurotalk ... there are lots of friendly and supportive people here so jump right in and start posting ... should you need help, don't hesitate to ask someone ... we are here to help ...

thedspeth 04-18-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janet (Post 85310)
Hi- I'm Janet from Tennessee - Health HXL
1) LL molar extraction in 2003 - I felt intense, severe pain when my tooth was "pulled"
2) late 2003 - X-ray of L mandible showed small FX
3) osteomyelitis of LL mandible with ABX almost one year, including IV X 6 wks
4) 45 TX in hyperbaric chamber in 2004
5) debridement of LL mandible to clear up debris from osteomyelitis
6) shingles (herpes zoster) on the 5th branch of the trigeminal nerve in 2004 - severe "suicide" pain
6) Botox therapy along the 5th branch trigeminal nerve in 2005 and 2006 (failure)
6) chiropractic TX, massage therapy, accupuncture therapy (failure)
7) In sept 2006 Dr Lee at Cleveland Clinic did an "endoscopic neurectory" of the affected nerve branch (failure)

Please help!

Janet,
Sorry to see you here as it means you are suffering. You will find lots of support and caring people in here with lots of info to consider. I recently had MVD surgery (4/3/09) and have been pain-free since th op (after dealing with TN for 7 years). I, like you tried just about everything: herbal, chiro, acupressure/puncture, even a gamma knife procedure. GK lasted about 58 days before pain returned. Finally had MVD op. Best decision of my life! I had a kickass neurosurgeon with nearly 300 MVD ops under his belt. He is one of the best around here in the OC. I'd recommend getting an MRI done and read by a neurologist or neurosurgeon who specializes in treating TN.

My MRI showed I had not 1 but 2 blodd vessels compressing my trigeminal nerve which is most likely why all the other treatments failed. I suffered for 4 years with the last 2 years being at a pain level of 8,9, and 10 for days and weeks at a time. I only wish I would have found my neurologist and surgeon sooner. I thank God everyday for them both as I'm now pain-free. I was pain-free (from TN) the moment I woke up from surgery. I plan on staying fairly active in this forum so others might somehow benefit from my experiences and failed treatments while dealing with TN.

Keep your faith as you 'will' find a treatment that works. God bless!

Todd