NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Akathisia (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/168878-akathisia.html)

Yellowfever 04-27-2012 05:51 PM

Akathisia

I had no idea it had a name. Thank God for Klonopin. i am going back on lamictal. Its totally worth the risk then feeling like i want out of my own skin.

Abilify is not my friend anymore says the doc.
It just did not work out for me.

sharla

Brokenfriend 04-27-2012 08:48 PM

Hey Sharla Abilify didn't work for me either. It made me feel strange. I got off of it quickley. I was put on Seroquel. It makes me tired,but I'm doing better on it. Now I'm on the generic form of it. I'm also on the generic forms of Xanax,and Luvox. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 04-27-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowfever (Post 874134)
I had no idea it had a name. Thank God for Klonopin. i am going back on lamictal. Its totally worth the risk then feeling like i want out of my own skin.

Abilify is not my friend anymore says the doc.
It just did not work out for me.

sharla

hi sharla, nice to hear from you. How are you doing?
bizi

waves 04-27-2012 11:47 PM

Hi Sharla,

I'm sorry Abilify didn't work out. Akathisia sucks.

The Lamictal will be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowfever (Post 858980)
The gyn said I was fine on lamictal and that i am at low risk. gave me prenatal vitamins with .8mg folic acid.

In all pregnanices there are some risks, so don't panic over this. Lamictal is actually a fairly benign drug compared to many. It increases the risk of cleft palate, yes, but not by that much compared to the general population. The additional folic acid that your prenatal vitamins provide will help decrease the risk of cleft palate.

It sure is good to see you. :) How are you doing now that you are back in your skin?

(((hugs)))

~ waves ~

Mari 04-28-2012 12:13 AM

Dear Sharla,

Lamitcal is a good idea.

I am happy that you are and the doc are working things out.

M

Yellowfever 04-28-2012 07:10 AM

Hello everyone! :D

I am a lot better than I was a few days ago. I feel a big difference in going back on lamictal. I feel like I might be able to go back to work again. I still have to take abilify every other day tho till I am off it. Yuck. I take quarter of klonopin daily twice.

I have back pains and I am not sure what from. I assume from the akathisia? But for now that is my only worry.

Once i get to 50 mg I will be more stable! I am glad to go back on lamictal again.

thanks everyone for responding :)

I guess baby will have to wait...again...sigh...

waves 04-29-2012 01:40 AM

Dear Sharla

Hi Sharla
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowfever (Post 874255)
I am a lot better than I was a few days ago. I feel a big difference in going back on lamictal. I feel like I might be able to go back to work again.

This sounds wonderful. Once you are completely off the Abilify, and up to your therapeutic dose in Lamictal you will be just fine, I am sure. :hug::hug::hug:

I don't know whether the back pains have to do with the akathisia - certainly could... might have just overworked some muscles, in which case they will settle. If you don't see gradual decrease in these pains, do call your pdoc or your regular mdoc about them. It could be unrelated to the akathisia and might need attention. Continue to take good care of yourself as you have been doing. :)

Quote:

I guess baby will have to wait...again...sigh...
You are taking such good care and going through all the necessary preparations. You are already a good mom in that sense. This is a process. At this time, you are still building a nest. When the nest is ready, it surely will be blessed... ;)

~ waves ~

Mari 04-30-2012 03:16 AM

Dear Sharla,

I hope the lamictal helps you.

You will be ready for the baby at the right time. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mari

Brokenfriend 05-01-2012 12:13 AM

Hey Sharla. When I mentioned that I take seroquel,I didn't mean that it is alright for a pregnancy. I would think that seroquel would be a risk in a pregnancy.

I'm glad that the lamictal helps. When I tried Abilify,I felt like things where slanted,and something was definitely wrong. I was forgetting what to say before I would say something in a sentence. It wasn't right for me either. BF:hug::hug::hug: