NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   "solving" my fatigue?!? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/168977-solving-fatigue.html)

jprinz99 04-30-2012 07:57 AM

"solving" my fatigue?!?

wee vent here before I blow up at those at home-

If my husband, mother, friends etc don't stop trying to "solve me" I may have to go postal! I have been staying home a lot lately as I am tired of the workout involved in going out "just to get out of the house". I have no real reason to go out and about except for appointments or when I choose to go out. I have the ability to telework on my own schedule, my husband loves grocry shopping alone, etc.

Can someone tell me how 'getting out of the house' will make me less tired in the afternoon??? Going to a store, or for a walk in the neighborhood, is not possible without my wheelchair or an electric buggy - so it offers no real exercise. I just go from front door to car door, then car to w/c and reverse on way home. It is simply not always worth the drama, stares from strangers and wearing out it brings - all just to 'get out'. I CHOOSE to conserve what energy I have!

I like being home & I do things while I am here. Read books, laundry, t.v., get work done on computer, call friends for long chats, etc. So what if I never happen to actualy go anywhere outside my walls for days at a time? Good grief people - your scolding is not helping me to feel any better about this. They might as well tell someone who can't hear to just listen a lot harder!

I wish they would stop trying to fix something (fatigue) that can't really be fixed at all. It is part and parcel of this disease, so they need to let it go. I didn't ask for their "help" and I know they mean well but it is getting to be taken as a criticism (as if I am just plain lazy or depressed). Enough already, I cry Uncle!

whew- thank you for allowing me to vent. On to fight another day (but I'll need a rest about 2:30 LOL)

Kitty 04-30-2012 08:10 AM

Amen sister! I totally agree. Well meaning suggestions are often more offensive as being totally ignored. :cool:

SallyC 04-30-2012 02:42 PM

OMG YES, it took me awhile to convince my Fam and Friends that I preferred, even liked to stay at home rather than be forced to "get out of the house" whether I wanted to or not. EEEEEEK!!!

Of course the alternative is being ignored, as I am (if I let them:D) I keep in touch with most of my Family thru FB and the rest of them by e-mail. Friends here at NT and by e-mail.

Kitty 04-30-2012 04:13 PM

My son......bless his heart......asked me if I wanted to go to a Braves baseball game. :eek: Um, let me think........:rolleyes:

Mariel 05-01-2012 12:46 PM

I feel the air is better outside, even though my home is pretty non-toxic, unlike many homes. And I like to see people. So getting out is tiring but also something I must do at least every other day. I am always pooped after spending time with my grandkids at their house (they don't come here) but it's needed for my soul. I see wonderful movies there which my son projects from his professional grade projection system, off the internet.
I would know nothing about the wonderful world of modern children's movies if I had not made the effort.
But I too am well well aware of a lifetime of being expected to do more than I could. As I am old and creaky from more than just MS at this time, no one is pushing very hard.
Most of the medics treat me with respect now as a "survivor". So even going to the clinic is not as bad as it once was.