NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Got some bad news (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/168980-bad-news.html)

fionab 04-30-2012 10:21 AM

Got some bad news

Went to my optha-neuorsurgeon last week for 6 mos. check up. She said both my optic nerves are very swollen, and the left one is in particularly bad shape. She gave me eye drops and said if my pressure doesn't come down in a month then it's off to surgery :eek:

The problem is that they cannot figure out what's causing my increased spinal fluid pressure. They did spinal taps and pressure reads "normal" but from what it's doing to my vision (have lost some vision in left eye and often can't focus right on things with either eye) means there IS something going on. Please pray for me....getting ready for our vacation and now this news. Will have to do a Scarlett and "worry about it tomorrow"...or in this case, when I return from vacation.

Saffy 04-30-2012 12:42 PM

It's absolutely my saying don't worry, because you will. Just kow that you are in my thoughts .. And I hope that you have an incredible vacation that makes you forget at times, your worries and bring many a smile to your face. X x

Mark56 04-30-2012 09:04 PM

A Solution Comes

Prayer wings its way to you, as you prepare for vacation, knowing you may pursue this thing to its result when you return. Drops do help, as they did for another friend of mine. Faith washes over you.

Prayin,
Mark56:hug:z

fionab 05-02-2012 03:29 AM

Ended up in ER today

due to horrible eye pain/pressure and neck pain. Husband cut short his out of town trip, and now is saying no way are we going on vacation :eek::eek:

We see my optha-neurosurgeon tomorrow to see what she has to say. Prayers, PLEASE!!!

Dejibo 05-02-2012 06:22 AM

As a fellow ON survivor and its constant companions, I know how ya feel. its scary and so out of our control. I hope its good news. Will keep praying. :hug:

Mark56 05-02-2012 06:30 AM

Prayers Away!!

Absolutely:smileypray::smileypray::smileypray::smi leypray: Fiona- Prayers are in motion for you. Hope springs from continuous prayer, and this you have dear friend.:smileypray::smileypray::smileypray:
Prayin,:smileypray::Heart::Heart::Heart:
Mark56

Rrae 05-02-2012 01:45 PM

Dear Fiona....

Oh my..... :( I'm so sorry you are being hit with this.

You know we are all prayin for you ........

Caring Deeply,
Rae

fionab 05-02-2012 09:45 PM

Saw optho-neursurgeon today. Still unsure as to what is causing increased spinal pressure. Gave me a couple of meds. to try. Tried one tonight and WOW, felt like someone had slipped me something in my drink! Finally wearing off after over 3 hours. Think THAT pill will be cut in half or even smaller! The other will be tried at later time, thank you very much. Not sure what's worse...the problem or the cure:eek:

Good news, was told if I'm up to it can go on plane so hubby has calmed down about cancelling vacation...yipee!! I feel like I'm gonna get there somehow even if I'm self-medicated to the max. I NEED to get away and forget life for a week.

If you want I could tell you the beach's webcam address and if you want I could plan a time when hubby and I could do a beachcam wave to you from Cancun. Interested? :Tip-Hat: Would be around 10:30 a.m. EST on whatever day would suit (5/10-5/14). Would be fun if we could do it and someone could save the picture.

yellow 05-02-2012 10:02 PM

Fiona, you're in my prayers and I really hope that this can be helped with medications rather than surgery. That's great news that you don't need to cancel your vacation! Just don't push yourself too hard. I just got back from Mexico a few weeks ago and it was a perfect, relaxing vacation. Wishing the same for you!!

Mark56 05-03-2012 08:55 AM

Webcam Webcam Webcam 5/13 or 14

Emjoy Cancun, so glad you have meds to treat the eye and am praying they will help the condition to respond in a favorable way!!!! My Mom had some issues similar, and she resolved to ultimate restoration of good eye health. You may as well, all will be well, all will be well, and this I pray.

Webcam us on Skype on Sunday after church the 13th and I will be happy to capture, or take a photo and send it MMS to my phone and I will move it here for YOU. Will PM you my number.

God go with you in peace for your much needed relaxing vaca,
Blessings,
Agape,
Mark56:grouphug: