NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Back in Limboland..I give up:-( (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/169186-limboland.html)

misshayleesmom 05-03-2012 10:27 PM

Back in Limboland..I give up:-(

Went to the ms clinic..i knew it wasn't going to be good when he said that i shouldn't
have been given steroids..it was his nurses call and not his and that he already spoke with
her.

I did have some spasticity in his office and he had to get my legs to relax

He said he doesn't think it's ms but has no answers as to why this is happening

He said he still wants me to have my MRI in August..don't know how that will work since I'm
moving 4 hrs away..He also said that i should have an OT/PT he said i should have had it yrs ago..my pcp dropped the ball on that one..so discouraged i can't even begin to tell you.

Lynn 05-04-2012 03:44 AM

So sorry :hug:

Dejibo 05-04-2012 06:16 AM

:hug: I hated limboland! im so sorry that you didnt get any better answers from such educated folks. :hug:

Kitty 05-04-2012 09:33 AM

I'm sorry, Cindy. Docs are supposed to know so much. Makes it terribly hard to hear "I don't know" from them. :(

SallyC 05-04-2012 10:23 AM

Hi Cindi. What they should have said is, "this could be MS, since we can't point to anything else".:rolleyes: Time will tell, if this is MS.

Has your Doc/neuro done all the tests to rule out other similar diseases that mimic MS?

Hang in there. :hug::hug:

ANNagain 05-04-2012 10:52 AM

Well, you did have the steroids that his office OK'd and they helped you, is that right?

And the ER thought that you needed them.

So sorry, Cindy. I am one of many here that had MS since an early age and was diagnosed and undiagnosed more than once.

I am sorry that you have to wait until August for your MRI (Oh Canada, oh Canada!).

Does the doc give any idea what IS causing your symptoms?

Hold on- we are here to support you- whatever the diagnosis.
ANN

Mariel 05-04-2012 08:59 PM

Yes, that's pretty straining to have to wait until August. That's due to the Canadian system? Very bad considering the problem you have, but remember that even the MRI may not give a definite dx. And I'm surprised about the steroid comment, since some other diseases indicate steroids would help. Like Ann, I traversed long through many neuro symptoms before an MS dx, then a Porphyria dx. I had symptoms at age eleven which went away, then again as a college freshman, then again...over and over...no dx until middle age.

Dejibo 05-05-2012 07:02 AM

I had MRIs, but no one told me they had lesions on them. no one told me I had a glioma. They just kept saying "WNL" or within normal limits. or "Migraine syndrome" took me a while to get a proper diagnosis, even with fast appointments, good access to the MRIs and other tools. It depended on the MD who was standing before me more than the tools they used. A little local MD in the back woods of NH without an MRI scan in front of him said "I think you have MS" I was shocked. Never crossed my mind that I could have MS.