NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Appeals Counsel question (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/16951-appeals-counsel-question.html)

Dolfinz 04-04-2007 02:34 PM

Appeals Counsel question

Hi all ! Hope everyone is doing good. I have a question concerning: Can you introduce new medical evidence at the Appeals Counsel hearing ? (I was denied at the ALJ and on to the next step. )If so what kind ? IE: x-rays, MRI"S, new tests done, new doctor's notes, new restriction letter, that sort of paperwork ??

Any help is appreciated !!

Thanks in advance,
Dolfinz

Julie 04-04-2007 05:47 PM

I had new evidence that was used because some had not been submitted previously.

Cappy 05-19-2007 11:51 AM

Yes

I have a Benefits Advocate and you would be advised to get one if you are that far along and still on your own. Look for one that has been in the system for a long time and knows the judges or look for a lawyer that is making an attempt to become a Judge.

You can introduce any new evidence regardless of what it is as long as it has to do with your health status and "WHY" you cannot work. Sometimes they overlook your medical records, especially if you have a lot of them. That is why it is good to get a rep. They take quite a bit of money but they are worth every bit. I believe they can take 25% of your intitial check with a cap of $5,250.00 and that is not bad if it comes down to not getting a favorable decison.

They do a lot of legwork and review your records and have a good idea if you really are eligible. Good Luck and dig up anything that you think they might not have or have overlooked besides what is new information!

Dolfinz 05-19-2007 07:14 PM

Thanks for that Cappy.. Where would one begin to look for one ? I have a Lawyer, but I don't feel comfortable wtih her anymore..

JoAnnFunk 06-06-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolfinz (Post 85765)
Hi all ! Hope everyone is doing good. I have a question concerning: Can you introduce new medical evidence at the Appeals Counsel hearing ? (I was denied at the ALJ and on to the next step. )If so what kind ? IE: x-rays, MRI"S, new tests done, new doctor's notes, new restriction letter, that sort of paperwork ??

Any help is appreciated !!

Thanks in advance,
Dolfinz

I think any evidence relavent to the case can be brought in. If there are new problems you can submit those. You should talk with your attorney though.

Smallville_EZRyder 07-13-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolfinz (Post 102206)
Thanks for that Cappy.. Where would one begin to look for one ? I have a Lawyer, but I don't feel comfortable wtih her anymore..

Allsup, Inc. or Binder & Binder; I went with Allsup because B&B were snotty in the opening call.