NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Is it impossible to lose drug weight? (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/169974-impossible-lose-drug-weight.html)

mollymcn 05-17-2012 10:21 PM

Is it impossible to lose drug weight?

I've been on lithium for 5 years, and I cannot shed the 25 pounds that the lithium has packed on. Low-cal diet not effective. Can't exercise vigorously because fibromyalgia. Should I not even bother trying? Does any drug counter this? Topamax?

LIT LOVE 05-28-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymcn (Post 880457)
I've been on lithium for 5 years, and I cannot shed the 25 pounds that the lithium has packed on. Low-cal diet not effective. Can't exercise vigorously because fibromyalgia. Should I not even bother trying? Does any drug counter this? Topamax?

2 suggestions. 1) You might want to try swimming--you can get some exercise and it's easier on your body. 2) Check out marksdailyapple.com which is a Paleo food plan. No counting calories and the only way I've ever lost weight without exercise.

Sparky10 06-26-2012 11:59 AM

Molly, I am determined to lose some flab, and you are welcome to join me! I started a thread in this forum for members to gather and encourage each other in our exercise and/or weight loss attempts. Sometimes we just can't do these things on our own.

Good luck to you in your quest to lose!

ckeetch 10-21-2013 10:33 AM

Atkins Diet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky10 (Post 892009)
Molly, I am determined to lose some flab, and you are welcome to join me! I started a thread in this forum for members to gather and encourage each other in our exercise and/or weight loss attempts. Sometimes we just can't do these things on our own.

Good luck to you in your quest to lose!

I am trying the atkins diet. u can lose 7 lbs in i week . 14 if u stay on it 2 weeks and then add carbs gradually back into ur diet. worth a try? Caroline

bizi 10-21-2013 07:25 PM

good for you for trying!
this is an old thread just to let you know.
I follow a fairly low carb diet, stopped counting just eating healthy foods and really watching staying away from breads, rice, potatoes, pasta, corn, peas, the starchy foods.
I eat mostly meats and vegetables.
I don't eat much fruit and be sure to take vitamins and supplements.
good luck! I use www.sparkpeople.com to get nutritional support. you can track your diet, exercise, blog, spark groups for additional support. I have used this site for years....
bizi

beamupscotty 02-05-2014 09:32 PM

The atkins diet worked great for me. **

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckeetch (Post 1023777)
I am trying the atkins diet. u can lose 7 lbs in i week . 14 if u stay on it 2 weeks and then add carbs gradually back into ur diet. worth a try? Caroline

doubleagle15 02-17-2014 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=mollymcn;880457]I've been on lithium for 5 years, and I cannot shed the 25 pounds that the lithium has packed on. Low-cal diet not effective. Can't exercise vigorously because fibromyalgia.aerobic it not even bother trying? Does any drug counter this? Topamax?[/QUOTE

Try to find a gym that has a pool. Water exercises are very low impact.My ex has fibromyligia and she used a pool to exercise. If you do find a club usually there will be an instructor for water arobics.

Konrad 09-16-2014 02:24 AM

Try to do some exercise for the weight loss. Do some outdoor cardio specially jogging, running and swimming to get weight loss support. Also use low carb, and raw veggies foods rather than junk and fast foods to burn your extra fat.

bizi 09-16-2014 11:30 PM

Hi konrad this is an old thread, just wanted you to know. How are you doing?
bizi

caroline2 05-24-2015 12:30 PM

I stopped bringing bread into my house about 7 yrs ago, started by going gluten free but decided no more bread at all. When I need a sandwich, the wrap I use if beautiful romaine lettuce, organic is best.

Read the Grain Brain and Wheat Belly books, they are the latest big movement out there to eliminate grains/wheat in our lives...