NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Neurological Abnormalities?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/170201-neurological-abnormalities.html)

misshayleesmom 05-22-2012 04:19 PM

Neurological Abnormalities??

Hi everyone,

Just got back from my pcp and according to my report from the MS clinic I have "neurological abnormalities" duh!! no kidding!!

Still have spasticity.. a lot of leg weakness.. now pcp wants to check my B12..

Wish they would just figure out what's wrong.. cause clearly this is not normal.. i have a lot of trouble walking.. my sick leave runs out in 2 wks.. i can just go on regular unemployment benefits after that..but i need another dr's note..

Really frustrated..
thanks for letting me vent.
Cindy

SallyC 05-22-2012 05:15 PM

The wait for a DX is hell, Cindy. Can your PCP Or Neuro treat your symptoms, in the meantime?

Feel better, take a deep breath..:hug:

Kitty 05-22-2012 05:22 PM

I'm so sorry it's taking so long. Seems like they drag things out as long as they can. Why don't they just run every test known to man with the blood they take??? If most of it turns up nothing then great.....they've eliminated lots of possibilities with that. I've never understood why they have to do these tests one at a time. Maybe it's just to get more $$ out of us with more appointments. Whatever it is....it's exhausting. I hope things work out for you with your job. :hug:

misshayleesmom 05-22-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 881994)
The wait for a DX is hell, Cindy. Can your PCP Or Neuro treat your symptoms, in the meantime?

Feel better, take a deep breath..:hug:

My pcp doesn't want to give me anything his opinion is there are too many side effects.. the only thing i'm taking is lyrica and elavil which they only make me sleepy but the pain is still there and i can't sleep without them..i've tried.

I think as far as my doctor is concerned, he charges for everything.. he won't call in a script if he does you have to pay $25 ..i've had all the tests.. he won't do an mri.. he said the longer in between the better... don't know if he thinks this will go away or what..

I wish they would just test me to rule everything else out they I would know for sure.

tkrik 05-22-2012 06:44 PM

Oh Cindy! I'm so sorry about the casual "neurological abnormalities" that you got from the dr. I hope they can figure it all out soon. :hug:

marion06095 05-24-2012 08:29 AM

Before I was diagnosed with MS, I was also told that I had neurological abnormalities. What a maddeningly vague diagnosis! My hubby asked me what “neurological abnormalities” actually means. After much thought, I told him that it means I am NeuroQuirky. He said “that sounds too silly to be an actual diagnosis.” That was my point exactly!

:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes: