NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Another MAJOR setback (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/170890-major-setback.html)

roadrunner63 06-03-2012 08:55 AM

Another MAJOR setback

Original concussion 4/13/2010 with ongoing symptoms (cognitive deficits, headaches, muscle spasms, pain) to date. Learning to live this new life.

1/19/2012 I hit my head with car door. Symptoms increased and then slowly declined.

I had 2 weeks of almost no headaches or pain.

5/1/2012 I hit my head on a door knob. Two days later the symptoms start getting worse.

I can deal with the cognitive issues because they have never really improved throughout this time; I have work arounds for most of them.

The headaches, muscle spasms and pain are not letting up. Some days I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next minute it is so bad.

Mark in Idaho 06-03-2012 09:26 AM

roadrunner,

Sorry to hear of your setback.

Have you tried icing your head and neck? It is at least worth a try.

My best to you.

roadrunner63 06-03-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 885599)
roadrunner,

Sorry to hear of your setback.

Have you tried icing your head and neck? It is at least worth a try.

My best to you.

Yes, I do ice and biofreeze.

greenfrog 06-03-2012 01:10 PM

roadrunner, all I can say is...that's really rough. I hope that the increase in symptoms subsides relatively quickly and that you get back to baseline or better before too long. Hang in there and remember to "do the do's" that are so important to recovery.

Eowyn 06-03-2012 01:17 PM

In addition to ice on head and neck, you can simultaneously put your feet in hot water (really hot, as hot as you can stand).

Maybe that will help some, at least if it's a migraine-type headache.

EsthersDoll 06-03-2012 08:24 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Have you discussed it with your Dr.? Maybe they would suggest a relaxing-type drug or a pain killer to help?

Have you tried to meditate or relax?

Maybe a nice bath with epsom salts?

Or just some simple stretching exercises?

Or a nice massage might help?

Or a Reiki session or Healing Touch?

roadrunner63 06-04-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthersDoll (Post 885756)
I'm so sorry to hear that!

Have you discussed it with your Dr.? Maybe they would suggest a relaxing-type drug or a pain killer to help?

I take Soma (muscle relaxer) as needed. I'm allergic to MANY medicines and can't take any pain killers. I have taken Advil and Tylenol but they don't touch it, even in combination with muscle relaxer.

Eowyn 06-04-2012 07:22 AM

Have you tried trigger point massage? Or acupressure?

Dolfinwolf 06-04-2012 09:12 AM

so sorry to hear that you experienced a setback! It is so hard after doing well for a while! I hope things get better for you; lots of good advice! Keep us posted on how you are doing!:hug:

(ps totally went there this morning; i had my hand to my hair to move it out of my face and whacked my elbow on the doorjamb, causing me to whac my left side of my head. Of course where I got injured all the other times, lol. Now enjoying the tingly headaches that go along with it. Going to try these techniques listed after work tonite...)