NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   What happens when you overdo it? Me: eye blur (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/170971-happens-overdo-eye-blur.html)

restorativepose 06-04-2012 04:23 PM

What happens when you overdo it? Me: eye blur

My legs are quite weak most of the time, I haven't really gone through a period of strength improvement since the symptoms really got bad a few months ago.

What does happen is that if I have a day where I'm either (a) doing more physically, running errands, lots of walking etc, or (b) reading on the computer a fair amount, my left eye gets really blurry.

This is starting to interfere with work more and more. This morning was my kindergarten son's graduation, so I walked to and around the park they were visiting, then went to his school, out for lunch. Once back home I couldn't work on my laptop because good ol' eye blur was there.

When I had my neurological exam, the only specific name that he mentioned was myasthenia. However he seems to want to rule out MS as another possibility.

So, I guess the reason I'm posting is to ask about the eye blur (and other symptoms) whenever you "do too much". Does this happen to you? Thanks

Anacrusis 06-05-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by restorativepose (Post 886035)
What does happen is that if I have a day where I'm either (a) doing more physically, running errands, lots of walking etc, or (b) reading on the computer a fair amount, my left eye gets really blurry.

So, I guess the reason I'm posting is to ask about the eye blur (and other symptoms) whenever you "do too much". Does this happen to you? Thanks

Hi!

I like your profile picture :)
Just a quick reply - I´m at work !.....

My vision has intermittently gone in and out of focus withing seconds during a few hours in the evenings. The optician said to rule out high blood pressure first. I´m forever blaming the TV or the glasses!! I did 2 years of gentle warm water aerobics with ladies 30 years my senior and sure enough the instructor was always blurred and I don´t normally have vision problems at that distance. Have put it down to exertion and overheating - affected by diurnal variations (hardly any blurriness in the morning) resolves in cold environments.

Anacrusis
(also undiagnosed and blurry but in both eyes! :icon_rolleyes:)

Maiden8680 06-05-2012 11:44 AM

When I over do it physically (working a lot, extra walking/exercise, etc), my legs get sore, sometimes they cramp at night.

When I over do it with the computer or reading, sometimes I get sensitivity to motion in my yes, blurry, and I also get pain in my left eye.

schavarria 06-05-2012 12:09 PM

eye blur

I've had generalized MG for 3 years, and only in the last few months have I felt I've had ocular symptoms, which are very minor. I don't have ptosis or double vision. When I do too much, I have full-on exhaustion, have to lay down and sleep. My ocular symptom is hard to describe. I would say my eyes have trouble catching up with where I'm trying to read, so my vision seems blurry until they catch up. This can be reading a book or scanning products at the grocery, for example. It is usually when the meds are wearing off, I feel. Also, when I take too much mestinon, I get an eye twitch and a bit of blurriness that wears off after an hour or so.

restorativepose 06-05-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden8680 (Post 886267)
When I over do it physically (working a lot, extra walking/exercise, etc), my legs get sore, sometimes they cramp at night.

When I over do it with the computer or reading, sometimes I get sensitivity to motion in my yes, blurry, and I also get pain in my left eye.

Thank you for replying... what you described is me exactly!

Today is something new though. I overdid it yesterday (walked too much) and now I am super nauseous. That is unusual. I also had major cement-like fatigue this past weekend.

Seeing the neuro tomorrow.

Maiden8680 06-05-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by restorativepose (Post 886282)
Thank you for replying... what you described is me exactly!

Today is something new though. I overdid it yesterday (walked too much) and now I am super nauseous. That is unusual. I also had major cement-like fatigue this past weekend.

Seeing the neuro tomorrow.

You're welcome :)
The nauseous could be your blood sugar being low after walking, because I also get that. Unless you mean the nauseous is from your eye movements, because I get (got currently) that too, ha. I've noticed my blood sugar is low a lot, and I'm getting super sensitive to the low "feelings" since December 2010.

I'm not sure where you are from, but I was doing really well with my myasthenia since end of August/September. Then this past Memorial Day here in NJ, it got super warm, for almost the week, and it was making my legs tired more etc (and that's just from working, not from any walks or exercise). Now it has gotten cooler again, so my legs don't bother me so much and today is the first day since Wednesday that my eyes feel like they are "settling down" again (finally).

Stinks because it's hard to NOT do anything when your eyes are going crazy. Hard to watch TV, hard to read, hard to look at the computer. Being bored drives me equally as mad lol.

Hope you feel better soon! :hug: