NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   EVERY thing hurts (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/171183-hurts.html)

Shadiyah 06-07-2012 10:31 PM

EVERY thing hurts

My hands and fingers hurt when I wake up. My arms are tired from trying to wash myself up in the shower. My hands hurt to cook. My feet burn and the nerves in my big toes on hurt really bad when I first stand up to walk. My shoulders burn and when I am standing my thighs get this weird kinds pain in it when I go to turn.

offinthedistance 06-08-2012 04:34 AM

What meds (if any) are you on?
I found my pain (similar to yours) was caused by what I think was a build-up of Copaxone.

i take tramadol, panadeine forte, voltaren gel, endone and diazies to increase their effects when i'm desparate.

heat/cold packs, tens, wheat bags, massage, aromatherapy all no good for me.

Find the cause, and you can aim to treat it...

Shadiyah 06-08-2012 04:55 AM

I am not on any meds because nothing ever seem to stop. Once thing may stop but a new something comes back.

I am on morphine, norotin, oxycodone for my pain. but no ms meds.

when the nerve pain in my back and shoulders get too bad and the meds are not working I use the heating pad.

Dejibo 06-09-2012 08:42 AM

I found propping myself in bed, and getting my body in a zero gravity position allows the muscles to relax and helps them let the pain meds work. I take a warmish bath before which signals my brain its time to rest now.

Do you see a chiropractor? can you afford a massage? Both of those things help me tremendously.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Mariel 06-09-2012 10:28 AM

Massage sounds like a good idea. I think that massage was the only therapy that always helped some, whether in the hands of my genius masseur Jerry or some lesser mortal. Jerry was in Seattle and he did all kinds of techniques on me. "Touch for Health" sounds prosaic but it helped a LOT. I am not in as much all over pain now as I was when I lived in Seattle or in a polluted area in CA or Hawaii. Pollution was one of the chief sources of pain for me. Here, i have other problems, but the air is clean. It makes a difference in pain.
Do you have a hepa filter with charcoal? Foust Filtlers on line makes a great one but it's expensive. I had it for years and rebooted the innards of it last year when we had our forest fire smoke. I have it on now, again, for smoke of the latest New Mexico fires. The fires make our clean air polluted, probably for all summer, and I am having some all-over pain, but not as bad as when I lived in a frankly polluted area. the main effect from the fire now is my eye trouble.
I know how all-over pain can make one desperate. Willing to try practically anything. I hope, like Dej says, you can afford a message.
Even Rolfing helped me. It's supposed to be too strong for sensitive people, but for me it just helped, did not hurt. But with Rolfing you need to emphasize to the practitioner what your basic sensitivities are, as it's not one-size-fits all.
I think message helps because we are spastic. sometimes spastic in areas we don't think of. Everywhere. Muscles tighten up.

Shadiyah 06-11-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejibo (Post 887450)
I found propping myself in bed, and getting my body in a zero gravity position allows the muscles to relax and helps them let the pain meds work. I take a warmish bath before which signals my brain its time to rest now.

Do you see a chiropractor? can you afford a massage? Both of those things help me tremendously.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Thank you, I don't go out to chiropractor or physical therapy because I hate going out of the house. I am in the house every single day unless it is a dr appt. I am not depress like that if that is one thing someone would say but I like being alone with my cat in my home.

Shadiyah 06-11-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariel (Post 887479)
Massage sounds like a good idea. I think that massage was the only therapy that always helped some, whether in the hands of my genius masseur Jerry or some lesser mortal. Jerry was in Seattle and he did all kinds of techniques on me. "Touch for Health" sounds prosaic but it helped a LOT. I am not in as much all over pain now as I was when I lived in Seattle or in a polluted area in CA or Hawaii. Pollution was one of the chief sources of pain for me. Here, i have other problems, but the air is clean. It makes a difference in pain.
Do you have a hepa filter with charcoal? Foust Filtlers on line makes a great one but it's expensive. I had it for years and rebooted the innards of it last year when we had our forest fire smoke. I have it on now, again, for smoke of the latest New Mexico fires. The fires make our clean air polluted, probably for all summer, and I am having some all-over pain, but not as bad as when I lived in a frankly polluted area. the main effect from the fire now is my eye trouble.
I know how all-over pain can make one desperate. Willing to try practically anything. I hope, like Dej says, you can afford a message.
Even Rolfing helped me. It's supposed to be too strong for sensitive people, but for me it just helped, did not hurt. But with Rolfing you need to emphasize to the practitioner what your basic sensitivities are, as it's not one-size-fits all.
I think message helps because we are spastic. sometimes spastic in areas we don't think of. Everywhere. Muscles tighten up.

I can't go for a professional massage but I will try to get my daughter to give me one to see if it will help over all because I know when my son does my shoulders and neck it helps especially when he leans on the pain itself.